BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel pump vibration damper Empty Fuel pump vibration damper Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:41 pm

purkolator

So, upon inspecting the inside of my fuel tank yesterday while removing it for some other service, I found that the fuel pump surround has started to go. If I wipe the edge of it with my finger, I get black gunk on me. It's not completely disintegrating, but I'm sure that it's slowly clogging up my brand new fuel filter and could well be adding to my rough running/surging woes detailed elsewhere on this forum. Anyhow, a few questions...

Wow, that piece of rubber is expensive! $80+ from BMW! for rubber! Hmmmm... particularly annoying since I live in a state where most gas stations mix in ethanol and I know that a new one will start to disintegrate in short order with that stuff preset. So... my question...

-Any aftermarket options?
-Anyone ever try to fashion some kind of replacement out of fuel hose/foam/playdough(kidding on the pd)?
-If so, any idea what materials won't start to break down in Ethanol gas?

thanks!
Brad

2Back to top Go down   Fuel pump vibration damper Empty Re: Fuel pump vibration damper Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:44 pm

purkolator

So, I'll answer at least one of my own questions. Found this Enudralast part that is supposedly alcohol resistant. Still pricey though...http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/BMW_K_Rubber_Vibration_Damper_16_12_1_464_628_p/fp-576damper.htm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum