BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   final drive seals? Empty final drive seals? Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 pm

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
I noticed a small quantity of oil leaking from the final drive whenn I loosened the four screws which attach it to the swing arm...i noticed there is an output andd input seal listed on the Motobins website.

can anyome tell me what are these seals, where are they located in the final drive and how to replace them.

I know about the large o ring but was not aware of the other two seals.

any suggestions awill be appreciated.

cheers

2Back to top Go down   final drive seals? Empty Re: final drive seals? Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
If your FD output seal was leaking, you would have oil on your brake disc.
Oil inside the swingarm can come from two places, gearbox output, FD input (or both).

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   final drive seals? Empty Re: final drive seals? Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Part #4, input seal, special tools needed.
final drive seals? 23010

Part #1, output seal, changing it is straightforward.
final drive seals? 1010

Inge K.

4Back to top Go down   final drive seals? Empty Re: final drive seals? Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:18 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
output seal is located in the bell housing behind the disk brake

here is a picture of it removed from the area

be sure you havent overfilled the final drive if you have a leak at the input seal ....also check that there isnt too much play in the pinion ,,,,by that i mean the pinion should not move in and out along its axis (happened to me )

final drive seals? Pictur21

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum