BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty K bike with custom paint Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:49 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Is this bike a BMW? Very nice job!

K bike with custom paint K021010

2Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty paint job Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Jamie Mills

That paint job has to be THE best I have seen on a Kbike yet.Very nice,If I had the talent I might consider stealing your idea. just dreaming. Wink Razz

3Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:30 am

dinos735

dinos735
That is a very nice bmw emblem. Was just going through the pictures and saw this. A great idea. Wish I thought of it. But hey, it's not copy righted is it?

4Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great idea .....and well done !!

thanks bert K bike with custom paint 212902

5Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Very smart thanks for that Bert.

BIG D

6Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
HHMM now if we take a slide photo, put it into the old projector in a dark shed, onto the bike. Yes I can see this working. Tks Bert.

7Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 am

Life time member
Life time member
It would be very easy to get a vinyl van type sticker pinted up and applied over the paint.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

8Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am

A vinyl wrap company comes to our dealership regularly in a camouflage-pattern VW Van. One of our customers had a nice white BMW M3 which suffered some damage in a rear ender. Instead of painting the car after the panel work was completed they've completely wrapped it in a very seriously kewl matt orange covering with carbon fibre highlights. It looks awesome! I will see if I can get a photo tomorrow. I was talking to the two young blokes as they worked on it and watched them contour the vinyl applique over some odd edges and dips in the bodywork using heat guns and careful burnishing techniques. Because it's printed onto the 'material' any image or colour can be done. It's digital. Of course, as when you apply paint, the under surface must be carefully prepped to avoid the imperfections showing through the outer covering. I am considering it as a part or a total covering in lieu of paint for some day.

9Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:28 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
Wow. Stunning. The fairing sides are rather different as well. I'm thinking even hotter knees, Lol. or maybe it's an improved version ? :-)

10Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Actually the whole fairing is different, I have seen one of them before but I don't know where they originate but I like the high mirrors.

I remember seeing a K1 with that design on it. Is it a factory job on a K1.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 am

Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:... they've completely wrapped it in a very seriously kewl matt orange covering with carbon fibre highlights. It looks awesome! I will see if I can get a photo tomorrow.

Would Love to see that TWB...if you get a chance.

88KE

12Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
K Freak wrote:Actually the whole fairing is different, I have seen one of them before but I don't know where they originate but I like the high mirrors.

I remember seeing a K1 with that design on it. Is it a factory job on a K1.

The fairing is from Acrybre Products, Dorset, England.

The K1 you´ve seen could be one of Drake Smith´s bikes (the spare parts guy in Seattle),
he have it as an avatar in the K11OG forum (Flying Duck).

Inge K.

13Back to top Go down   K bike with custom paint Empty Re: K bike with custom paint Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah I have seen it on the Motobrick forum. Drake certainly has a stable full of Ks, mind he does have good access to the best of parts.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum