BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 06:18

JLK

Signed up with this FORUM a couple of weeks ago. I recently purchased an '85 K100 with EML sidecar. Also own an '05 K1200 LT. I've been doing a major service on the K100, all fluids, check valves, rebuild leaking water pump, replace wheel bearings on sidecar wheel, clean and lube drive shaft splines, plugs, etc. The rig is a blast to ride except for engine heat, especially on the right side next to the sidecar. Hoping to find some info here that will help before summer returns.

Lynn
NE Florida

2Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 07:22

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum we seem to be getting quite a few new members with sidecars so you wont be on your own.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 07:55

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome JLK. You'll get lots of information and support on here and a bit of banter too!

I would love to see some pictures of the rig once you're free to upload them. Takes about a week from registration to be allowed to upload pics, then follow the instructions in the tutorial.
88KE

4Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 08:13

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcom jlk ....glad to have you aboard

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 09:50

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome JLK, those EML are supposed to be good sidecars, lets have some pic's mate.

BIG D

6Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 14:45

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome mate, your problem of course is that your sidecar is on the wrong side, we don't have a right hand heating problem over here. Laughing
RT

7Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 16:39

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome JLk. Would luv to see a pic of your beast!?

OG

8Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Tue 25 Oct 2011, 21:54

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you on board.
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Wed 26 Oct 2011, 04:32

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Lynn. I'm currently visiting relatives in Sarsota although not by bike. What a great time of year it would be to be riding here.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

10Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Wed 26 Oct 2011, 04:43

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Forgot to mention that I am constantly amazed at the number of unhelmeted (mostly)Harley riders I see here in Florida.It's something we're just not used to seeing.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

11Back to top Go down   NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Empty Re: NEW MEMBER IN FLORIDA Wed 26 Oct 2011, 07:41

JLK

g35corona wrote:Forgot to mention that I am constantly amazed at the number of unhelmeted (mostly)Harley riders I see here in Florida.It's something we're just not used to seeing.

YEA, we call them "ORGAN DONORS"! i HAVE BEEN AN MSF Instructor for 13 years. I never ride without full gear whether I'm on 2 wheels or 3.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum