BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Replacement fairing Empty Replacement fairing Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Jonny Burrell

I have a 1986 K100RT and I want to lose the big fairing. Can anyone out there tell me what other smaller fairings from other models will fit easily? or could I possibly go naked with a set of indicators?

Thanks,
Jonny

2Back to top Go down   Replacement fairing Empty Re: Replacement fairing Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jonny,
I have a feeling it might be a major exercise to transform to naked as I had a thought about doing the same.

The headlight for one on the naked is round and will use a different mounting system and the radiator fairing would need to be changed as it currently mounts to the main fairing and on the naked there are different panels attached to the tank which at least has the holes.

Strangely enough the indicators look to be the same as the rear ones.

I think I saw a Sprint fairing (like Bert's K75) advertised on UK ebay or the other option might be an RS fairing which would be my personal favourite.

I think Motocol would probably have the best information as his is a really nice conversion from an RS to a "/2" which is essentially naked.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   Replacement fairing Empty Replacement fairing Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Jonny Burrell

Thanks Phil,
Very useful advice.

Best Regards,
Jonny

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum