BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello From Canada Empty Hello From Canada Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Admin

Admin
admin
admin
First, welcome to everybody.

My name is Bert and I am a young 52 years old.
I am originally from France and immigrated to Canada in 1982.
My original background was in the industrial mechanic sector, but years ago I changed my career to Information Technology. I am now working as an IT supervisor for the largest school board of Nova Scotia (about 15,000 computers and servers).

I had many motorcycles since I was 18 years old, but it's only in 2000 that I bought my first K bike.
Not knowing any BMW dealer here in Halifax, I called my twin brother in Montreal to ask him to find me one. The next day he called me back and let me know that he found a K100rt in perfect shape at a decent price.
The day after, he called me again to let me know that he was buying the K100 for himself (@!#*!!!) and would sell me his K75. I jumped on the opportunity and bought it.
The day that I rode my “new” K75 to Halifax, I met another Beemer who informed me of the existence of the BMW Owners of Nova Scotia. I joined them the week after. I then became their Web Master, vice president and President.

In 2005, I found here in Halifax a K100rt for sale (in poor shape). I decided to buy it and restore it to its original beauty. I was expecting a year of work, but it took me only 2 months to strip it down and rebuilt it from the ground.
At that time, I didn’t have any experience on K engine and did a lot of research on multiple sites of the Internet. This is where the idea of building my own web page came from: finding all pertinent information on one site. My page can be viewed at: http://www.bmwons.ca/k100/k100.htm

I received many Emails from the readers of my web page, and wanted to link all of them together. I first thought about a mailing list but opted for this forum.
I hope it will be an active one and users will share their experience and help each others.

This week end with a couple of friends, we are going to rebuild a K75 gear box and I expect to be able to post pictures and details of the repair on my K100 page.

I wouldn’t mind having a K100rs, but my wife told me that a third bike will be considered as a good case for a divorce.
Case closed, I will have only 2 bikes!!!!!

Bert (Halifax, NS, Canada)

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum