BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
Hi folks

as an alternative to standard hoists

because I only need to lift the K in winter and don´t want an unused bike hoist in the garage all the time:

El. lifting jack:   GüdeGSZ 200/400

(I used the smaller one (100/200) - works - but the 200/400 is better for the 11)

It is now in use for 3 years and works just fine.

system with my naked K1100

when lifted onto the beer boxes - the system is only for safeguarding

the traverse on the ceiling is massive version from power supply for crane runway systems

K-Lift "flying-brick" 20140201_115151

K-Lift "flying-brick" 20140201_115209

K-Lift "flying-brick" 20140201_115102

K-Lift "flying-brick" 20140201_115048

K-Lift "flying-brick" 20140201_115002

Last edited by zonenfeile on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

2Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Olaf, but all I see is "You are not authorised to view this image!" message.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:45 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
better now ?

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

4Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Yeah, it'll do! Very Happy

5Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:48 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Nice, verrrry nice!

6Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:48 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
blakey wrote:Sorry Olaf, but all I see is "You are not authorised to view this image!" message.

Hmmm Me too must have some strange pictures

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:49 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Ah that's better but there is no beer in the cases.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

8Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:17 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Olaf,
You are a genius, what an inventive and low cost solution to a problem, the huge benefit to your lifting solution is you can raise the bike as high as the ceiling permits (and the supply of beer crates allows). Excellent work!
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Great idea zonenfeile.
For people on the cheap side, you can also dig a pit around the bike Rolling Eyes

10Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Crazy Frog wrote:Great idea zonenfeile.
For people on the cheap side, you can also dig a pit around the bike Rolling Eyes

wow that IS lateral thinking bert ...thanks for the giggle

11Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Olaf... You've just given me a great idea for some materials I have to lift the bike! Ingenious!
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

12Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Crazy Frog wrote:Great idea zonenfeile.
Hmmmm shakes head, walks away groaning.

13Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
will that work down under or will we have to lower instead of raising

14Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Since my shed's roof will not allow me to hang a freakin' bike from it, I may have to dig a pit around the bike.

15Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
blakey wrote:Since my shed's roof will not allow me to hang a freakin' bike from it, I may have to dig a pit around the bike.

Dig deep enough, fill the pit with water and install a drawbridge, you will protect your bike from thieve too.
The bad thing: You'll need to wear a wet suit to work on the bike.

16Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
somehow - my serious threat intentions go K-Lift "flying-brick" 8157

obviously forumstandard K-Lift "flying-brick" 652573

all from "down under" pls take notice:

1 . RTFM first
2. print my thread in A3 incl. all pics
3. turn the page upside down
4. mount all items as shown now

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

17Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:47 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
zonenfeile wrote:somehow - my serious threat intentions go K-Lift "flying-brick" 8157

obviously forumstandard K-Lift "flying-brick" 652573

all from "down under" pls take notice:

1 . RTFM first
2. print my thread in A3 incl. all pics
3. turn the page upside down
4. mount all items as shown now

K-Lift "flying-brick" 44271

Come now we always take everything very seriously here on the forum don't we?

I think Olaf if you have a close look all was quite normal until the Crazy(canadian)Frog commented on digging a pit around the bike.

Mind you the aussies didn't take long to run off with that comment. K-Lift "flying-brick" 214585

I like the idea of a drawbridge though, now where is my shovel.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

K-Lift "flying-brick" 170874

18Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
That's the Aussie way...we sometimes take things too far in the name of having a laugh, but we will back you all the way if you need our help or support.

19Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye !!! +1

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

20Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Awl this is histerical Olafs dotpoint 3 to Cols query is choice, i really needed a good laugh. keith cheers

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

21Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 am

BriqueEiffel

Good bike, good beer!

22Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
on a side note does it matter what type of beer carton you use ??? Embarassed

23Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Toto_jp wrote:on a side note does it matter what type of beer carton you use ??? Embarassed

good one toto ......if it comes out cold and has head ....im in ....giggles

24Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
dont use the ones made cardboard they aint strong enough especially after you drunk all the beer

25Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 am

SEGAFREDO

SEGAFREDO
Very ingenious :-c:

26Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
I am so pleased that we can ride all year round in South AfricaK-Lift "flying-brick" 212902

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

27Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Most of Oz is like that Ronnie. Its really good but sometimes I have to do some big jobs in a hurry so as to meet the next date where in North America and Europe they get a good go at the maintenance over the winter
I found that when I was racing that here in the Northern half of Oz there was no off season to build new bikes.

28Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty fit more K's Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 am

okr

okr
A good way to fit four K's where there was once only room for two Wink

29Back to top Go down   K-Lift "flying-brick" Empty Re: K-Lift "flying-brick" Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 am

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
just saw this one , nice job , and usefull too if you have to put a roofbox on your car.
about the digging  ,well i did that , but instead of digging around the bike , i dug under it;-)
http://www.motorcykelgalleri.dk/video/diverse_mc/10110-lift_i_funktion

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum