BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 am

rgakrill

Hi Chaps

Just a quick introduction. My name is Ackers and I live in Preston in the UK.

I am currently recommissioning a K100RS for a mate of mine who now doesnt have the time due to relationship problems (he's just getting into another one)!?!?!?

He has stashed his RS in my garage as it had become unrideable due to front suspension and front brake problem. I traced the front suspension issue down to extremely still steering head bearings which was rectified with a full can of GT85 and lots of waggling of the bars. I changed the fork oil and fitted progressive springs whilst I was at it. The front brakes were suffering as all the steel bits had corroded together. The pins and the pads were basically one bit of rusty steel.

I have never owned a K100 although I have been very close a number of times. I once ended up with a K1200RS which was a very impressive piece of kit. It was just a smidgeon too cramped for long distance trips as I am used to riding big trail bikes.

I currently run a Benelli 1130 Amazonas and an Aprilia Caponord. The Aprilia is a fantastic bit of kit but the Benelli spends most of its life in the dealers having defects fixed (8 of the last 10 months anyway)!!! Its very exciting when its running but any bike that needs a new frame after 9000 miles isnt really right is it?

With a bit of luck I'll get the RS running soon once the cutting out issue has been resolved (see Technical Forum). You never know, I might buy myself one once the Benelli has been sold!

cheers

Ackers

2Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard ackers ....theres lots of information here

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi ackers welcome lots of info and helpful folk here.

BIG D

4Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum from down under.

5Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Ackers. A reliable old Brick will give you relief from fixing that Benelli.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

6Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:58 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"I might buy myself one once the Benelli has been sold!"

I reckon you just might! They certainly have an appeal.

Welcome to the forum.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:"I might buy myself one once the Benelli has been sold!"

I reckon you just might! They certainly have an appeal.

+1

Welcome along
88KE

8Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Ackers from another UK "Brick" rider Wink

9Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to this weird and wonderful forum Ackers. Hope you find the info your looking for.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

3rd Party New Member 170874

10Back to top Go down   3rd Party New Member Empty Re: 3rd Party New Member Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:57 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you on board Ackers.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum