BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty G'day from NSW Central Coast Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:42 pm

dpen

Hello from a newbie to this forum. Name's Dave and I'm on the Central Coast of NSW. Currently have a K7 Honda 750/4 (hopefully sold) & a 650 BSA (requires major surgery).
A quick question whilst I'm here - I'm looking at a 1986 K100RS, VGC the only fault (I'm told) is a noisy timing/cam chain when cold. This noise disappears when the bike warms up - is this a major problem or relatively simple (I'm a retired mechanic by trade)
Thanks

2Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty Re: G'day from NSW Central Coast Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:33 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi dpen and welcome. Can I ask how many miles on the bike you are looking at?
I am thinking if the noise is like mine and so many others it is probably not the cam chain and more likely the output shaft which is not that unusual but there are others here who may correct me on this.

Mine is an '84 and later models had an improved output shaft design so less to worry about in that regard.

Looking at the forums first is an excellent idea as these machines can be a real can of worms and there are some faults/features? that are peculiar to these models so at least you will be aware.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty Re: G'day from NSW Central Coast Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 am

dpen

Thanks Phil, I'll re open this in the tech forum if needs be to avoid wasting peoples' time in this one

4Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty Re: G'day from NSW Central Coast Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
welcome aboard!! Good luck in your search!

5Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty Re: G'day from NSW Central Coast Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard great to have you around. These are fine bikes and still to my mind one of the best looking.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   G'day from NSW Central Coast Empty Re: G'day from NSW Central Coast Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:36 am

Locksmith

Welcome to the Forum dude, glad to have you with us..!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum