BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   squeeky frount break Empty squeeky frount break Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 pm

joem

joem
Silver member
Silver member
hi all, i have squeeking frount breaks on my k75s, is there anything i can do or is there a good brand of break pads that will sort the problem, thanks for any idears.

regards joe

2Back to top Go down   squeeky frount break Empty Re: squeeky frount break Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lots of threads in the squeeky brakes threads joe ....just use the search feature

everything from different pads to just cleaning (resurfacing - roughing up )

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/search?search_keywords=sqeeky+brakes+

or

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/search?search_keywords=brake+squeal

3Back to top Go down   squeeky frount break Empty Re: squeeky frount break Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I think K-BIKE has mentioned the use of a small tube of anti-squeak substance from Mercedes Benz that you apply to the back of the brake pad.

Cheap and it works apparently. I haven't tried it, but the way my brakes are going, I'm going to hunt some down soon!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   squeeky frount break Empty Re: squeeky frount break Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:53 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
The reason to the brake squeeling is that the brake pads start to vibrate against the piston (and sometimes the backplate sides, where it have contact against the calipper).

As Blakey mentions you can get different kind of paste to dampen these vibrations,
anything that have a bit thick consistency and can withstand the heat will do.
(eg. Copaslip)

What I use that is a bit less messy is thin reinforced rubber sheets with an adhesive
back that is made for this purpose, and available at automotive shops.

Inge K.

5Back to top Go down   squeeky frount break Empty Re: squeeky frount break Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
I always use Copaslip....ever since my first disc on a Norton Commando. It's always worked for me.
Paul.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum