BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel pump replaced Empty Fuel pump replaced Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 am

Moto Smith

Moto Smith
Silver member
Silver member
I replaced my fuel pump yesterday, complete with both filters, hoses and rubber damper.

The venture started as preventative maintenance, but as it turned out, it was long overdue.

The rubber vibration damper that holds the pump into the tank was completely perished. The particulate filter basket for the pump was resting on the bottom of the tank surrounded by degraded rubber. I have no doubt that there was rubber in the pump and the reasonably new filter.

Luckily, I had purchased pump, filter and rubber damper.

There was no evidence of this degradation of the rubber visible from the filler cap - which I have had off a number of times.

I cleaned out the tank and replaced all necessary parts.

The bike runs cooler and is smoother downshifting through the gears - resulting in better handling.
If I go Nth, East or Sth, I have to go 40+ miles before I get into anything other than 2nd or third gear ( a slight exaggeration, but it paints the picture) - living in the Sierra foothills.

I was surprised by the increase in handling ability from installing fuel delivery parts, but it is quite noticeable.

FYI.

Cheers, M

Last edited by Moto Smith on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.markaspery.com

2Back to top Go down   Fuel pump replaced Empty Re: Fuel pump replaced Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i would say a good and timely fix there moto .....great work !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum