BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   final drive question Empty final drive question Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 pm

2slow

2slow
I can't seem to find this in my clymer book but how hi do you fill the final drive on a 85 K100 or is it a set cc amount thanks

2Back to top Go down   final drive question Empty Re: final drive question Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Fill to the bottom of the oil filler opening. In other words, when you screw in the filler plug the bottom of it just touches the oil.

3Back to top Go down   final drive question Empty Re: final drive question Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
From memory (which is not that good), I was annoyed because the a litre of Hypoid was 10 mil short of the manual requirement between the gearbox and final drive. I have 990 mil left in my now opened spare bottle, which will be short for next change. GRRRRRR.
RT

4Back to top Go down   final drive question Empty Re: final drive question Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
This level have been changed a couple of times, not shure for which reason....but I think was due to problems with the venting.

On early models it was 270 ml.......changed during -84.
Then it was 260 ml.......up to the bottom thread of the filler hole.
And then on paralevers it was 250 ml.....and piece of material was added under the bottom thread as a target to this level.

(last change could be due to change in the operating angle, haven`t looked that
closely on this).

Inge K.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum