BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 pm

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
She is not pretty, but she is a goer. Almost ready for rego. Lets face it she was never going to be a concourse bike. Going to get her on the road and ride her for a while. Then I will get her resprayed so once again she has some glory. Unfortunately I am no spray painter so it will just have to wait because I can't. I just have to ride her.

She Ain't Pretty P4060010

She Ain't Pretty P4060011

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

2Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:20 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
onya dave ...its been a while .....enjoy brother !!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Get the mechanicals right first Dave. No point in sitting pretty by the side of the road! She'll be beaut when you've finished it.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

4Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty She Ain't Pretty Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Good one Dave, can't wait to meet you at Braidwood for a Latte mate.
By the way I'm not sure that any of them are er pretty.
RT

5Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Well I now only have three things and she is hitting the highway. That would be replace the spotties, tyres and rego. She is totally back together and taking pride of place in the carport for tonight. Had to clean the garage where she was so she will be back in there tomorrow. Couple of other minor things like wiring the radio and intercom, but they can wait until after rego. Also have three brake seal kits, so they will be done after a few miles as well. I have a mate who is a BMW guru and he is going to help with the brakes and the radio. He just doesn't know it.

VIN # 0097704

6Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:06 am

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
What a lovely looking RT. Just right with a bit of a paint job and everything running sweetly.
I found that part of the joy of owing a K100 is it looking well dare I say, a little bit tatty. Well used but running like a really good 'un.
Don't make it to posh, it has lived a life and looks all the better for it.
Well thats my opinion.
Cheeers Smile

7Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty restoring has many levels Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:48 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Go Dave . while i greatly admire the immaculate better than new resto efforts of many on this site there is no substitute for going for a blast on these old nails .

8Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
With a bit of luck and stiff breeze, GWR, you may see her around some lovely Tasmanian roads by the end of the year. Have to go back and see some relies and haven't decided which bike to take.

VIN # 0097704

9Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty She Ain't Pretty Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
TASMANIA HO

10Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 pm

jeffhestand

jeffhestand
your bike looks a lot like the 85 K100 RT i just picked up. ( Ill have to post some pics). Mine had been neglected but after i replaced the fuel pump with a non oem she is pullin strong. Now just the little things--- speedo, fix gas cap, rebuild brakes and on and on.....I have never owned a BMW before all Japs bikes including a Concours and an ST but this bike is easy to work on. I am back to spending time on something i enjoy . Keep us updated on your progress!!

11Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
No worries Dave , as mentioned in Chas' whooohoo post, come on down . I need very little excuse to go for a ride ! Its cooling off now but still plenty of good days if rugged up.
Cheers G.

12Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty A Trip to the Motor Registry Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 pm

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Well the day of my appointment with the motor registry finally arrived today. So with a permit in hand I rode her over to show off to the transport inspectors. As this would be the furtherest I have ridden her I thought I might go a bit early just in case she needed a breather on the way. Riding into the checking station was a bit daunting as there were a few bikes there already. None of which looked more than a few days old, especially when compared to the K. I stopped outside and gave her a bit of a pep talk about how great she looked and then went inside to talk to the 'man'. Told him I was about an hour early (she didn't need a breather at all) and was happy to wait. No problem he says, come on in and we will do it now. They put a headlight tester on her first and she has 20/20 vision. So far so good. Then they started to look at all the other things on their list. Got a bit worried when they asked me to start her up, put the sidestand down, slip it into first and let the clutch out. I said it doesn't have a sidestand cutout switch, thinking this would be instant failure. I told them what it does have is a lever that prevents you from letting the clutch out with the sidestand down. They seemed happy with this. She Ain't Pretty 112350

Then they handed me the paper which proved even a numpty like me can work on these bikes with some success. Another old K has been reserected, I passed and quickly ran inside before the registry closed to pay a large amount of road tax. When I got home I bolted on the new plate and label. She now awaits an early ride to work tomorrow.She Ain't Pretty 723598 She Ain't Pretty 502531

VIN # 0097704

13Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
She Ain't Pretty 112350 yay !!! She Ain't Pretty 112350

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

14Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
10 out of 10! Very Happy

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

15Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Well done Dave . Now you will find that when riding the cosmetic details will vanish. Till you stop ! Concours is just over the horizon , ride there, it makes the labour sweeter !

16Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Well I rode to work today and I must say she is as sweet as. A bit different to the Monster which has all the trick suspension and brakes, but still a very sweet ride.

One thing I did notice is that the tall screen is a bit tall for me. Does anyone have a short screen to fit a 6/89 K100 they would be willing to part with? Tinted would be lovely but happy with clear.

Cheers

VIN # 0097704

17Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Excellent!!! Good stuff..Now just do the iron butt thing on the sat night and be in esk for breakfast!!!!!

18Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty Re: She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
She Ain't Pretty 44271

19Back to top Go down   She Ain't Pretty Empty She Ain't Pretty Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Dave,
well done mate. I know that feeling of achievement well. Look forward to a meet up.
Cheers n congrats RT (Bob).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum