BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Magnum rev limiter Empty Magnum rev limiter Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Anybody put Magnum rev limiter on k 100? What are experiences with that device?

2Back to top Go down   Magnum rev limiter Empty Re: Magnum rev limiter Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
My first thought is what for, the K does that already in the engine management. If you put the details of your bike on your profile that way we can make responses more specific to the year and model of your bike Very Happy
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Magnum rev limiter Empty Re: Magnum rev limiter Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:42 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
I know that K (mine is jetronic 1983) has a limit at 8650 rpm like any other. But on the net appeared device called Magnum which lift the blocade at 8650, so the engine get 20 percent more rpm. Anybody on the forum tried it?

4Back to top Go down   Magnum rev limiter Empty Re: Magnum rev limiter Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Lifting the rev limit on a standard K100 won't serve any really productive purpose as the HP and Torque are on the way down from 7000rpm anyway. It may rev higher but it would be far better to kick it up another gear and if in 5th then you may get another 10mph from it but to what purpose.
However on a K75 there would be some gain especially in the lower 3 gears.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum