BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Mystery K100 Rider Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 pm

STEVE1959

Silver member
Silver member
Hi,
I took my FZ1 out for a run yesterday afternoon as it hasn't had as much use since I purchased the K100. A few kms from home at a place called Iona which is just past Woodville (near Maitland N.S.W.) I passed a guy on a very nice looking RED K100 standard model. Just wondering if the rider is a forum user and if you are a local? If so e-mail me and let me know, maybe we could have a coffee and talk K100! Any other K owners in the Maitland area?

2Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
If it was red, he/she must have been flying!
Hoo boy, those red K's are fast!
...and they look the best of all the K colours! Very Happy

ok,ok, start sending the replies. Twisted Evil

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Mystery K100 Rider Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I cannot let it pass.
It could have been anyone, although as he/she didn't stop to say g'day, it probably was a queenslander or a kiwi. Riding a red bike is a statement of one's inability to conform, and adolescent desire to go fast without actually doing so. We are looking for a sociopath with megalomaniacal tendencies. ( I've been watching Criminal Minds, and drinking red.
RT

4Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:24 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
And more drinking than watching Laughing

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
It's been said that a red K is so fast that at speed it is not actually moving, and therefore invisible. He must have been having smoko.

6Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
They used to say that H/D riders would not wave because they were afraid of the mere mortals on other bikes would start to hang around them, Nobody wants to wave at a big yellow bus, whilst taking the kids to school and back each day I have passed heaps of k's in the lower hunter area Of note there is a bright blue K75rt a black K100 with a shark fairing from the 80's a couple of black K75's a dull blue K100rs also a Bright red one 2 silver K100rt's a black one and afew that defy description but no doubt have some interesting bodges that keep them going. Outside the ones I see on a fortnightly basis others are also passing through. Some are loaded to the gunnels. sales indicate the other mere mortals are still buying bikes, just not our K's. If they still made our models then they would be the chart toppers wouldn't they? well at least the red ones.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

7Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Steve,

I live in Tenambit, that's close to Maitland. Shouldn't be too hard to organise something. You interested in the upcoming K-Ride in May, to SE QLD?

Cheers, Rickmeister

8Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
that road to gresford from singleton is a beuty ...i wouldnt be surprised at what i saw running out there .....and now us northerners have found it ....i guess we better keep it to ourselves ....else there will be soo much trafic on it ..it will be ripped to shreds before we get to ride it again .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie - it dont matter which road ya take down here the Ullysses club have been all over them Gresford singo Paterson Woodville Seaham Clarencetoun to boral the Buckets Way all of them. Ya just have to slow down alittle and watch for the cluster. then resume the pleasure

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

10Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:31 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
K75cster wrote:Charlie - it dont matter which road ya take down here the Ullysses club have been all over them Gresford singo Paterson Woodville Seaham Clarencetoun to boral the Buckets Way all of them. Ya just have to slow down alittle and watch for the cluster. then resume the pleasure

too true 75 .....on the way home from the karuah rally we came across 2 groups of ....erm "supervised riders" along the "buckets way" we caught up with them real quick...... if you get my drift ...and were a pain to pass .

i dont quite know if its the accumulated knowledge ....or just sensible thinking ...but im really glad that our group of blokes isnt as "organised "as that lot ....

on past rides i can attest ,,,,,we on our group rides...have a destination meet point planned in advance ...a fall back route ....regular catchup points for slower riders ...phone numbers for area group members and all round a good time ...

personally ...about 5 minutes with that lot ...would have me going home and driving in the car to all future meets ...at least i would have a great sound system ...a car that corners near as close to our bikes round the twistys and windows to roll up when the lecture starts ..

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:42 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Yep i'm hearing ya

12Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
talking about great roads ...i really must get a camera stuck to my helmet and do the palen creek to grevillia run over the border ...about 60 odd ks of amazing twistys ...fantastic sights of ingneous rock formed into tors of castles along the way ...rainforest opening out to high speed country savanah . the road used to be shunned by one and all ...but lately the last couple of times i have found it to be awesome ...with major road works being accomplished since the days of me travelling it as a "have to " some 30 odd years ago ...and is on the list to do as a "recommended tour" ... (look up "summerland way" )

13Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:03 am

robinm

robinm
Silver member
Silver member
It could have been me, I have a red K100 and I live in Woodville, oh no it can not have been me, as my bike has not been out recently, and I live in Woodville New Zealand!!

14Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Mystery K100 Rider 44271

good one rob .....been there.... nice little town Mystery K100 Rider 112350

15Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 pm

dowdytom

dowdytom
nah that was me, unfortunately I was going so fast that the wind stripped the red paint down to the white undercoat

16Back to top Go down   Mystery K100 Rider Empty Re: Mystery K100 Rider Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote: ...about 5 minutes with that lot ...would have me going home and driving in the car to all future meets ...at least i would have a great sound system ...a car that corners near as close to our bikes round the twistys and windows to roll up when the lecture starts ..

lol! ..That sort are a universal phenomenon Charlie, I'm with you all the way on that one!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum