BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Gear Lever Empty Gear Lever Sat May 12, 2012 12:33 pm

JGT

JGT
Platinum member
Platinum member
Well have now completed approx 200 miles on my 91 LT after many years of happy R80 motorcycling. What do i think? Hills and head winds dont exist anymore, Its a rough engine until 4000 rpm is showing (4750rpm relates to 70 mph) at which point the engine is running tolerably smooth, the handling is very taught, and can be flicked through a series of bends with no twitching. I'm no foorest scraper but it instills confidence. Problems? just one. I have size 9 feet, fairly common I would have thought but i'm finding the gear lever too short by about an inch. Anyone else had a problem? Are there different lengths of lever? I'm tempted to pick up a second hand one, cut in half at the thicker section, drill and tap both end and screw a piece of studding in to play with the length. The engine is so flexible in top gear you could say why bother but for me its really spoiling my ride. I eventually managed to download a picture of the bike, it's the white one in the gallery John

2Back to top Go down   Gear Lever Empty Re: Gear Lever Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
The gear lever on 1100 RS/LT is ~10mm longer (and ~10mm wider).

3Back to top Go down   Gear Lever Empty Re: Gear Lever Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Rather than modify my original K100 lever, I bought a dirt bike accessory lever (13mm spline from memory) $15 and experimented with that.

Cheers, dee why

4Back to top Go down   Gear Lever Empty Re: Gear Lever Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, I have 86 k100 rt and size12 boot, I moved the lever to a fairly low angle, and have no problem getting my boot under, though I dont leave it under when I am done shifting.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum