BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 pm

docious

Hi all,
Nice forum you have here. I have been a voyeur for a little while and I have finally decided to join in on the fun.

Last summer I purchased a 1985 K100RT that had been sitting for years. The bike had been backed into and knocked over onto its right side damaging the right fairing, brake lever, mirror, and right foot plate. I picked up the bike for very cheap, so the first thing I wanted to do was make sure it was running. Turns out it a a bad fuel pump, luckily the guy i bought it from gave me a whole box of parts and there happened to be an extra in there. The injectors were also clogged beyond repair so I got some new ones from Mr. Injector. By the time I got around to installing them my battery had died. Anyways, just got a new battery and it fired right up! The black gas tank that came on the bike also had some corrosion in the corner and thus there were some small pin leaks. Again, luckily there was an extra RED tank that came with the bike.

There are still a plethora of things to do to it, but I think she's a runner.

My eventual plan is to turn it into a naked K bike.

[img]Hello From Seattle Beemer12[/img]

Thanks,

Brandon

2Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome docious!

As you may know, I'm in the process of "nakedizing" my RS.

I know why I'm doing it, but what's your reason?

p.s. red is sooooo overrated...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Brandon - you should find all and any info that you need at this location, along with a most helpful and loyal membership. Enjoy your time here Wink

4Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome docious .

enjoy your "k"...a great bike !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Brandon. Great looking bike.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

6Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Brandon.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Hello From Seattle Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Brandon
I like the black bikes they always look clean.
Nice to have you on board
RT

8Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Brandon welcome to the forum. That sure is a nice K you got there but it has done something on the ground just under it, but I suppose living alone in a dark shed caused all sorts of problems. Very Happy

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome from South Africa I was in Seattle in Sept 1984. A beautifull city !

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

10Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome along Brandon. Pin holes in the tank are not uncommon because water will go to the lowest point and sit and sometimes, when probed, they're more than pin holes too. Do a forum search and you'll see plenty of repairs suggestions. the good news ia they're usually out of site so probably won't affect your use of the black tank.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

11Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 pm

docious

Thanks! Well, there are a few reasons, but mostly because when the bike was knocked over there was a fair amount of damage to the fairing and also I am a tall man and would like a little more room for my knees Very Happy

blakey wrote:Welcome docious!

As you may know, I'm in the process of "nakedizing" my RS.

I know why I'm doing it, but what's your reason?

p.s. red is sooooo overrated...

12Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm

docious

88KE,
Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it!

88KE wrote:Welcome along Brandon. Pin holes in the tank are not uncommon because water will go to the lowest point and sit and sometimes, when probed, they're more than pin holes too. Do a forum search and you'll see plenty of repairs suggestions. the good news ia they're usually out of site so probably won't affect your use of the black tank.

88KE

13Back to top Go down   Hello From Seattle Empty Re: Hello From Seattle Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Here's my tank repair thread- I was posting on the mobile phone last time which make these operations nearly impossible without my reading glasses.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum