BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Right signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:50 am

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
My 1988 K75 has developed an occasional habit of; as I signal right, both bulbs flash like a hazard warning. Only an occasional problem. Does not seem to follow any regular pattern of occurance.
Bad earth?? Where best to start my diagnostics? I am not great with electrics, but up for a challenge (as ever)!

2Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Check that your flasher relay receiving switched power at terminal 15.

If also your horn doesn`t function, check fuse #7.

Last edited by Inge K. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info.)

3Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 pm

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
Horn works OK. Will check relay when it stops F**%$£££!g raining outside!
I guess I'll have a quick look at earths and bulb wattages etc also.
What do I do to the relay at terminal 15? Test lamp?

4Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
BooG wrote:What do I do to the relay at terminal 15? Test lamp?
Would be better with a instrument, so you can measure that you are receiving full power at the relay socket.
The relay got both unswitched (30) and switched (15) power, compare the voltage readings.

The relay would typically act up as hazard, if it don`t receiving power at terminal 15.

5Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
Gotcha!
Thanks.

6Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 am

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
Just thinking on this one.....will the relay be suspect even if the left signal works fine all the time? I mean that if the relay is faulty, wouldn't it affect both signals, or dosen't it work like that?

7Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 am

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
BooG wrote:Just thinking on this one.....will the relay be suspect even if the left signal works fine all the time? I mean that if the relay is faulty, wouldn't it affect both signals, or dosen't it work like that?

Hi there, I had a similar problem with mine and it happened to be a loose relay inside the flasher box.

Best regards

JAP

8Back to top Go down   Right signal Empty Re: Right signal Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:44 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Whilst you are in the relay box with the tank off or raised up right then is a good time to treat the earth wire connection point to a good check, possibly a clean-up and certainly a good treatment with DeoxIT Gold and DeoxIT Shield. Do the same to each of the relay pins and every connection you can see.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum