BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:52 am

ushes

ushes
HI,

I own a 1990 K100RS 16V and I'm hoping to fit some crash bars or crash bobbins. I have crash bars for a K100 but they wont fit over the16V head, and they'd also require removal or modification of the bellypan. I've posted on another forum for suggestions or pictures of 16V bikes with the bobbins or crash bars fitted but so far I've not seen any. What do you guys have ? I'm in Hants UK and there are lots of suppliers of crash bobbins and crash bars but again not for the 16V.

Thanks Guys

Regards

Steve

2Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:23 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Steve, I think you might have already received a response on the other forum, but have you got all the parts? The 16v head is not bigger than the 8v IIRC. Have you had a look at REALOEM.COM? HERE

16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins 2

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

3Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
2V and 4V got different crashbars (bottom mounting).
Could be due to different headers?

Also the belly fairing was modified to fit the 4V.

4Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 am

ushes

ushes
Yes, thanks I've seen the parts diagram but I'm not even sure that the bars I already have are the correct ones for the 16V so maybe I'd need the whole kit. Theres a part number 46712303078 on one of the bars but Realoem doesn't recognise it.

I have two questions.

a) the bars themselves are marked (ended) I think this means unavailable.

b) who supplies these parts, official BMW dealer ?

Thanks

Steve

5Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:05 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
might be worthwhile talking to "motobins" or "motorworks" to see what they have in stock ....(at least check out their websites )

and what you have or what you need that is still available or maybe available out of their secondhand parts ?

they seem like good suppliers ..(just my experience ) and prompt on delivery ....

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty This is what I have Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:24 am

ushes

ushes
16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins P101021416V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins P1010213

7Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
This doesn`t help you much, but you`re not the only one who got the problem to fit bars with this # on a K100.

Seems like they came of a police bike.

I also did a search with this part # on some older ETK discs, no result.

Last edited by Inge K. on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info.)

8Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:27 pm

ushes

ushes
[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins P1010216[/img][img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins P1010215[/img]

Well after a long search I managed to find some crashbars on ebay from a K75. I did a few modifications and made some brakets and the result is in the pictures. I think these are home made then chromed and as yet I haven't manged to work out how to replace the bellypan and supporting bracket. Maybe a job for later. They mount to the frame behind the engine. Any comments ?

Regards

Steve

9Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:50 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Good improvisation Steve. Would they protect the lower fairing panel if you dropped it? Difficult to tell from the picture. This is what has taken the brunt of the impact when my bike has been dropped at standstill - tends to crack the firbreglass. The engine casing itself I guess is a bit tougher - a mild drop srcatches the paint biut easily rectified. Of course if you had a major off the engine would be protected far more than without bars.

Did you get the lower shiock in the end?

Cheers
Dave

10Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They were made by someone in US. there aren't many around but occasionally pop up
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,2653.0.html here is a set on a K100

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP

12Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 am

ushes

ushes
Sorry but I cant see any pics with them fitted from the links but at least I know now where they came from. Will they protect the lower fairing panel ?.... I'm not 100% sure because the difference between bars and panel is minimal, however what I could do is drill the bars just below the panel and then fit a small universal type crash bobbin just to be certain.

I haven't looked any further on the lower rear shock. After the info about the centre stand being more difficult to operate I'm still not so sure it would be beneficial, I suppose it swings and roundabouts really.

Regards

Steve

13Back to top Go down   16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Empty Re: 16V Crash bars/Crash Bobbins Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:20 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ushes wrote:Sorry but I cant see any pics with them fitted from the links but at least I know now where they came from.

Yeah, just did put in the link to show the manufacturer,
I think it`s 8-10 years back since they stop to produce for K models.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum