BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Locating used parts in Brisbane Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

ianburgess

ianburgess
Hi

I've been looking through the forum trying to see if there are any posts with lists of bike wreckers/dismantlers that have K100 parts, but can't find any.

The "for sale" forum section will be my first port of call, but obviously not all things are available.

Does anyone know of any Brisbane/Gold or Sunshine Coast parts dealers?

I am after a sidestand at the moment, but although these bikes are reputed to be almost bulletproof, I expect I will need a few more bits and pieces in the future.

Cheers

Ian

2Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
You could try the BM Shop in Stafford/Brisbane, telephone 3356 6128, as they have a good selection of both newer and older Beemer spares, and the knowledge to get it right, but be warned they know what things are worth and are accordingly proud of them. Further afield there's the BMW Wreckers in Melbourne. Look up oldtimer (or longtimer) Ray Peake in Wonglepong/Canungra in the phone book. He has a stack of spares. Others may know of more local wreckers too.

Otherwise there's the obvious BMW dealerships of Morgan & Wacker (now owned by the same investment firm as the chain store of motorbike shops, Team Moto - Archer Capital) in Newstead and on the Gold Coast, Motolife in Caloundra (formerly Coastline BMW), Seaside Motorcycles in Ballina NSW and of course the newbies at Motorline Motorrad in Daisy Hill, but you'll have to give them the VIN as no one there has real spare parts knowledge and likely won't know what a K100 is, except for perhaps the bright red one that rode out of their car park for the last time about five weeks ago!
Cool

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

3Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Some overseas ones are: Moto-bins, Motorworks and Sherlocks in the UK. Parts are cheaper (you can't get everything, but you can get a fair bit!) and it can take a couple of weeks to get to Oz.

Munich Motorcycles in Perth, WA. Costly. Quick postage, and the old standby ebay.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
ianburgess wrote:Hi

I've been looking through the forum trying to see if there are any posts with lists of bike wreckers/dismantlers that have K100 parts, but can't find any.

The "for sale" forum section will be my first port of call, but obviously not all things are available.

Does anyone know of any Brisbane/Gold or Sunshine Coast parts dealers?

I am after a sidestand at the moment, but although these bikes are reputed to be almost bulletproof, I expect I will need a few more bits and pieces in the future.

Cheers

Ian
Therre is a side and center stand on ebay right now
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-K100-1983-centre-and-side-stand-/170860774664?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c8188508
and he is at Palmwoods on the sunshine coast.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Wreckers in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

Brettmass

Brettmass
I come from Riverina in NSW and came across a Wreckers in Slacks Creek that has a fair amount of BMW bikes and bits, I got a set of series 2 panniers of them for $200.

Brett

6Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:59 pm

ianburgess

ianburgess
Thanks for the info people, it's time to start making contact with them.
the Ebay one is on my watch list now, but I need to check my bike to see if it's the same.
Cheers
Ian

7Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If your bike is an 8 valve engine then it will fit.
I would just grab it as they don't come up very often.
Its a good idea to put in your signature what the bike is and the VIN so we don't have to ask, that way answers are quicker.

Last edited by Rick G on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra info)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Locating used parts in Brisbane Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Brett
any chance you can PM me the details of your Slacks Creek wreckers, I'm in no mans land here inland from
Wollongong but could use a run your way.
RT

9Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Ian, i have a sidestand here from when we did Charliee99's mod to a K1100 stand setup for his fat rear wheel. I will check with him if he still wants it, if not its yours.
I will let you know as soon as i contact Charlie.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Locating used parts in Brisbane 170874

10Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 am

ianburgess

ianburgess
I ended up with the Ebay stand, sounded like a sweet deal for the centre and side stand complete for $25. I also got a rear master cylinder for $20.
Fitted them both on the weekend, and went for my first ride.
Although only 20 k's long , the bike went well, did all the right things, but it seemed a bit like a slug in acceleration. That was probably me though, without a working tacho, I was probably too low in the rev's. I was in 5th at 80 kph (50mph) and went full throttle, and ended with a slow acceleration. I haven't checked any rev/gear graphs yet but that may have been a couple of gears too low for any performance.
Note to self: get the tacho to work or fit an after market one.
Cheers.

11Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 am

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
ianburgess wrote:.... went for my first ride.
Although only 20 k's long , the bike went well, did all the right things, but it seemed a bit like a slug in acceleration. That was probably me though, without a working tacho, I was probably too low in the rev's. I was in 5th at 80 kph (50mph) ...
Cheers.

I think that 80km/h is a border line, but it should respond. The torque cuts in around 3000rpm. No matter, it is relatively easy trace back and check is all the parameters are within specs.

I like to use this order:

• warm up the motor
  • spark plugs - check to see what they look like, maybe replace
  • check leads, do they work well?,
  • while plugs are out check compression,
  • put plugs back and let her idle, test for air leaks around injectors, around TBs (top and bottom)
  • connecting houses between air boxes leak ... change of air filter and don't put the system together properly
  • fuel pressure and injector spray pattern..
That will do it. if it all checks out then the problem is a little more obscure.

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

12Back to top Go down   Locating used parts in Brisbane Empty Re: Locating used parts in Brisbane Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 am

Pulling the sidecar along, I don't change into 5th until I get above 80kph.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum