BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dash Speakers Empty Dash Speakers Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Well folks I have hooked up my radio and because of the way it has to be hooked to my intercom, the result is less than impressive (gets a bit of engine noise - well a fair bit actally). Crying or Very sad I have done lots of tests and even hooked up an iPod with radio to see how it works. The iPod worked well with no static Very Happy and so I can only put it down to the little doohicky I had made to join the speaker wires into a single stereo plug.

So now the answer for me is to hook the radio up to a set of speakers and just use my iPod on the intercom. So to the question. Does anyone have a set of speakers and the covers that I can purchase to install in my dash? If not, it is no issue as I will get a set of waterproof ones from the local marine radio shop that match the radio (GME200).

Any suggestions always helpful.

Last edited by Guest in the House on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling and clarification)

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

2Back to top Go down   Dash Speakers Empty Re: Dash Speakers Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Dave, I don't know how much the postage would be, but I have a dash with the speakers fitted and would rather do without. If you take care of the postage I'm happy to swap. Very Happy

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Dash Speakers Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

3Back to top Go down   Dash Speakers Empty Re: Dash Speakers Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:19 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Rene, Thanks for that kind offer. The marine speakers are only about 12-14 pound each locally, so postage for your dash would probably be much more than that combined with me sending mine over to you. If you want to do away with yours, I got a new dash from Motoworks for about 47 pound. I had to go through a local bike shop as they would not ship to me direct, but would to him.

Once again, thanks for the offer I'll keep it in mind.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

4Back to top Go down   Dash Speakers Empty Re: Dash Speakers Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Dave, sorry, but that's a shite deal (having to go through the dealers) I'm certain we could work something out.

PS Appreciate the postage situation. I'll look for one without speakers elsewhere :-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Dash Speakers Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum