BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

charlie99

VIP
VIP
good onya blakey ...its not too far this one ..

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Attention all Southerners!
Is it too early to decide if we leave on the Thursday or the Friday. Need input and suggestions.
My thoughts at the minute....
Leave Thursday. Meet at Bathurst or Orange for overnight stay.
Friday ride to Coonabarabran via Dubbo and Gilgandra, maybe stay there on Friday night.
Saturday, ride to Narrabri, up the Newell, then across to Bingara.

Or, leave Thursday, meet at Mudgee for overnight stay, thence to Coonabarabran via Gulgong, Mendooran or Coolah, maybe onto Narrabri overnighting on Friday. Its only a short trip across to Bingara from Narrabri.

If leaving Friday, same sort of deal, maybe Friday night at Dunedoo, and thence to Coonabarabran, Narrabri and Bingara. Means more hours in the saddle, but I can cope with that.

Please advise your thoughts, as its good to have a plan, and not ride aimlessly in ever increasing circles to an unknown destination.

Cheers, Rickmeister.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rick, as I will be the last in the conga line I am happy with any arrangements.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The longer the short cut the better. It doesn't sound right but it is.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

55Back to top Go down   November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 Empty October get together Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:42 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I just booked a room for Saturday night and Jo at the Imperial said there is a wedding on in Bingara on Sat the 3rd so best you lot get in first. Her words not mine.
RT

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
So how many beds per room?......hands up all those that snore...come on put em up.....👽

Green ginger wine nulls out snoring.....

cheers JK

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 Au-log10

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rumour has it ....im a big snorer ...snoree... whatever ...i never hear it, so no problem ..

looks like im banned to a tent again ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I just booked for the 3rd and was told to book quickly as there is a wedding on that day.
I am going to ring Eric the publican next week about putting on a BBQ on the Saturday night.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Have also sent an email (phone was busy) to book a "Hotel" room for the 3rd of November and suggested that should there be any wedding folk left over they may wish to have a beer and a chat also......

Since its a 7 hour ride from Sydney I may stop enroute Friday night as my sensitive office worker buttocks will probably last only about 4 hours...:silent:

Dubbo perhaps?....happy to go with the flow there guys and girls...anyhow lets see what develops.

Last edited by Klompy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"looks like i'm banned to a tent again ?"

Split a room again Charlie?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Hopefully Mr Klompy you booked the room for the 3rd November. It may well be a nice place, but waiting 2 months for others to turn up may be too long Smile

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
charlie99 wrote:rumour has it ....i'm a big snorer ...snoree... whatever ...i never hear it, so no problem...
looks like i'm banned to a tent again ?

That's not snoring, that's purring. Like a Cheshire Cat.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
blakey wrote:"looks like i'm banned to a tent again ?"

Split a room again Charlie?

"you're on" blakey

thanks mate !!

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
rossco wrote:Hopefully Mr Klompy you booked the room for the 3rd November. It may well be a nice place, but waiting 2 months for others to turn up may be too long Smile

Thanks Rossco agree with you bud.....spoke to Jo and Graham....did you know that the 3rd of September is a Monday?..anyhow am set....should there be anyone who cannot get a spot I have spare bed in mine.

Hi John,

Thank you for your email.

Your room has been booked for the 3rd of November as we discussed on the phone and not the 3rd of September.

Good to hear that you are house broken. Will help things go a lot more smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Thank you

Regards

Graham Cutmore November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 112350

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Has anyone noticed how cunning Australians are? The tread title refers to October, one booked in for September and it is really on in November. This intrigue puts the security services into a spin........outlaw bikie gang having secret meetings ....secret codes for members' names....and they speak in part number codes.

ainsjac wrote:Has anyone noticed how cunning Australians are? The tread title refers to October, one booked in for September and it is really on in November. This intrigue puts the security services into a spin........outlaw bikie gang having secret meetings ....secret codes for members' names....and they speak in part number codes.

November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 44271 Nice!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
youth and skill is wasted on the young ones stan ...lucky we have age and cunning huh ?Very Happy

Have decided to take a ride beforehand and end up in Bingara and stay the night. Have booked a room in the motel part. Will leave the red dog at home for the night. Alcohol may be consumed.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
um ....maybe consumed ? there are publicans hopeing we come back again seanii ...giggles

i blame all them southerners ...hehe (waiting for the comeback from bob and rickmeister)

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Ainsjac Roflwtime,November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 44271 +1. I snore, have awoken myself doing it. The beer is old and comes thick and fast just like the one liners around here, thats the south for ya. sure hope after 5 years off the road the old girl comes up to speed for this event

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a great plan keith ....we can hope to see you on the road at last ?

another" k" is always welcome ....and it aint too far to travel for the awesome k ol mate

are we gonna break the aussie "k100 rt forum" record ...noice !!!!!!

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
record! cant break them. if ya do i'm not lending ya another one least of all my Stone album

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

73Back to top Go down   November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 Empty October get together Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, it's a well known fact that riding from the moderate temperatures of the south, to the hotter north, creates an evaporative effect on the body, making one dehydrated and disorientated. It is only cured by doing something that the mind recognises as normal behaviour, leaning on a bar and having a beer, or two.
I can't help it if you choose to ride in the rain and arrive already hydrated and cannot force your beers down.(by the way, thanks for those leftovers in the fridge).
I'm really looking forward to this trip, I have only been able to do a few day trips with this weather and ice.
Hopefully get a run in up to Bathurst via Oberon soon to test the newly repaired fairing.
RT

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:youth and skill is wasted on the young ones stan ...lucky we have age and cunning huh ?Very Happy

CUNNING?????? Now AGE IS APLENTY Laughing

Oh dear......some friends just called in on their way back to QLD. They called in at Wollombi and brought me a flagon of Dr Jurd's. I guess it's only fair I stow it in the chair and bring it to Bingara.
A headache shared...etc.
Sean.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
The phrase 'Oh dear' does come to mind.
I wonder what kind of a sick brain could develop a cocktail containing both Dr Jurds and Mr Stones finest. That is using the term 'cocktail' fairly loosely.
Only 9 weeks to ponder.
And maybe it could contain a Tooheys Old chaser of some sort. Seems appropriate.

K1100RS 0194321

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
I cannot remember ever drinking Tooheys Old as a chaser although I also cannot remember this either but I have been known to enjoy a Newcastle brown Ale....and of course Jurds and stones are perennial favourites amongst the 2 wheeled & 3 wheeled faternity.

What ever happened to Tooheys Country Special....that was a nice drop as well.

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Mmmm..Tooheys Country Special.

No. Sorry. Can't think of one nice thing to say about it.

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I confess to the mighty K and to you here present, that I have partaken in the green steam and the jurds jungle Juice, and the Tooheys Old of old and that whick is present in my fridge at present, here endeth the reading

I feel vaguely nauseous just thinking about that combination.
I'm thinking Bahurst, ca 83'.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
As this date is drawing nearer and I feel I am probably going to make it, I was just wondering about meetups, who is leaving from where and when?
I have put in for leave for 3 days (Work leave. Wife leave is an entirely different form) so off on thursday 1st to monday the 5th.
Thoughts?

rossco

K1100RS 0194321

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I dare say that the Bris Vegas contingent will leave early Saturday morning sometime. Probably meet-up on the Southside with Charlie. I'll have Monday off of course...if I still have a job then (Queensland Government worker for the time being!)

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Blakey, the same happening in NSW. I asked for a redundancy....happy to have one....just laughed at me....so I stay on leave. Sad state of affairs.
I am last in the line and am waiting for others to sort things out. There is a strong possibility that Col is coming as well. We will meet up and then meet up with "others".

84Back to top Go down   November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 Empty October get together Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'm in two minds (as opposed to my 12 personalities) shut up who said that.
Anyway, was thinking of heading up to Mudgee via Bathurst and meeting the westies, but I did enjoy the Putty road last time and meeting Rickmeister. Decisions decisions.
This time we might have Rossco who might like the Putty and company to Denman.
But on the other hand, Stan will have a new orange bike, and Col could be coming, and then there's Saxon.
affraid Too hard.
RT

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
For the Brizvegas crew dont consider going any other way but Glen Innes, Inverell then Bingara via Copeton dam that is if you value your kidneys. I have been on all the alternatives North and all are equaly bad and you will not enjoy the ride.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Rick, thanks for the heads-up.

We'd be going past your place wouldn't we?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep thats my fly-by list rick

i guess youll be taking off earlier with the mrs ? if not we should meet up with you at the maccas at stanthorpe about lunch time or a little further down the road towards inverell ?

i figure alby and nikki will be heading accross the hills ...but not sure of their timeline yet ?

just fielding this one out ......any folks willing to partake of the fantastic cruise up the "queen mary falls" route (out of boonah) ?

after that its a straight run from kilarney to warwick (nice straight road for about 35 ks, and then on the southern out bound side of warwick ) and a little while up to stanthorpe ...glen innes , inverell and then bingarra before late afternoon ....just about perrrrfect

forgot to ask if any others are planning the trip from the brissy area ..bean ..bert ...anybody ?

looks like dazza is out for this one ..but would love to see a real big turnout from the queensland mob ...down in new south ...just to throw some rubbish at the locals till we get a few beers and less of a dry throat ...once that happens were all mates anyhow ...there are some impressive bikes we have around here and i recon we should show them off a little ....yes ????

Last edited by charlie99 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
This was probably our last run of the season....Irish style.

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t4447-the-antrim-glens#46237

92KK

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Don't forget Mr Klompy there RT. He is coming from Richmond so only 30 mins or so from my house. I don't mind which route. They are all new roads to me on a bike.
Guess it depends on the leaving date.

Mudgee via Bathurst?
How do you get to Bathurst without going past the turnoff to Mudgee? Do you have some weird route through the Belanglo Forest RT?

Think I have only been on the Putty Road once when I worked for the railways. Guy I worked with was from Sing L tun and that is the way we went.
As I said, depends on when folks leave Sydney region.

K1100RS 0194321

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I'll follow you Charlie.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I reckon we'll be getting away about 10ish and have a nice quiet ride.
Probably lunch at Maccas in Glen Innes.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I hope you guys realise that you're not the reason I go on these rides...it's the Maccas on the trip.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i better try and find time to ride south and borrow my brothers helmet cam for some of the awesome roads around here.

rt, rickmeister and stan may remember some of the scenes ...hope you enjoyed friends..

oh ! thats a plan rick ...glen innes by 1.00...1.30 pm ?

too funny blakey !!!.November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 44271 ... that wouldnt be because our friend (alby ) keeps sending you images of us at macdonalds whilst on a ride huh ?...hes a classic that one huh ?

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
charlie99 wrote:looks like dazza is out for this one ..but would love to see a real big turnout from the queensland mob ...down in new south ...just to throw some rubbish at the locals till we get a few beers and less of a dry throat ...once that happens were all mates anyhow ...there are some impressive bikes we have around here and i recon we should show them off a little ....yes ????

By the time you lot are rolling into or out of Bingara we'll be trolling along on the RT out of the North East US/New England or making our way down the Blue Ridge Parkway towards the Carolinas (and possibly to Florida) atop the edge of the Appalachians. It'll be as cold as...but we'll be wired for 12 volt heat and only dreaming of the beaut Aussie back country roads, ridden with friends, while we view the remnant blaze of Fall colours, that is, if the snow doesn't fly early. They've got all kinds of strange weather occurrences in this hemisphere. Have a great trip to all!
November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 112350

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
RT, which way after Mudgee? May I suggest that you and Sydneyites aim for , say Dunedoo..or Coolah, like last time. From there to Mullaley, Gunnedah, around Keepit dam to Manilla, Barraba and Bingara.
That way the Newcastle mob can meet up with the more southern ones. Just a suggestion. If you want to go further west , come to Dubbo and then it is 380kms up the Newell to Bingara.

Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:i better try and find time to ride south and borrow my brothers helmet cam for some of the awesome roads around here.

Probly cheaper to get a 99p MD80 one off flea bay from Hong Kong like I did Charlie. The micro SD card can be got from some mobile phones or phone shops and will likey cost more than the cam. Either way I'd love to see some footage.....If only to see whether you guys are making these place names up Very Happy (Probably trying to keep the watering hole venue a secret so you can have to youselves :scratches chin and mutter to self:)

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Making them up?? Don't be silly.
Right then, I'm going via Wallangara, Wollomombi, Wooloomooloo, Woollongong, Wangaratta, Wollombi, Wagga Wagga........and Gosford.

Life time member
Life time member
Saxon7 wrote:Making them up?? Don't be silly.
Right then, I'm going via Wallangara, Wollomombi, Wooloomooloo, Woollongong, Wangaratta, Wollombi, Wagga Wagga........and Gosford.

Aye...and your driving me round the bend! Razz

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Saxon7 wrote:Making them up?? Don't be silly.

Gee Sean, if you are going all the way to Gosford you can't miss Woy Woy and if coming from Sydney on the North Shore Line you would also go through Wahroonga, Waitara, Waverton, Wollstonecraft, Warrawee, Wondabyne, Warnervale, Wyong, Wyee and one for the British folk, Cardiff. Actually Cardiff is closer to Newcastle, but don't let on. November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 2 652573

But don't go the Main Line, all you got there is West Ryde.

K1100RS 0194321

Stupid of me to forget Wyong. I'll detour through there then West Wyalong as well.
Sorry 88. Laughing

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Nikki and I will be in Warwick Saturday morning for breakky and can meet Bris veagus Ks there. It would be good for a whole lot of Ks to travel in a group.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum