BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty MOT test passed Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:35 pm

wez1

wez1
hoooorrrrraaayMOT test passed 502531

at last it is accomplished the beamer is over it's MOT taxed and insured today and 100 miles of fun MOT test passed 212902

now once again thanks to all the hints and advice to all who were therin involvedMOT test passed 212902

only thing left is to find the ABS fault to stop the anoying lights flashing

2Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Great stuff! No we might meet up on a trip!! Very Happy

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland MOT test passed Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

3Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty hello to you Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:44 pm

wez1

wez1
bridge of weir now that is bacically paisley i am not to far away just a bout 30-40 miles probably less i'm in blackridge near livingston so chances are fair lolMOT test passed 502531

4Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Life time member
Life time member
wez1 wrote:bridge of weir now that is bacically paisley i am not to far away just a bout 30-40 miles probably less i'm in blackridge near livingston so chances are fair lolMOT test passed 502531

Fair play to you Wez cheers ....RESULT! given the distances our Aussie bretheren travel for their meet ups 30-miles is just and evening spin!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

5Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
wez1 wrote:hoooorrrrraaayMOT test passed 502531

at last it is accomplished the beamer is over it's MOT taxed and insured today and 100 miles of fun MOT test passed 212902

now once again thanks to all the hints and advice to all who were therin involvedMOT test passed 212902

Now for that annoying ABS, time to reset the computer.

Go to this site and follow all of Tosi's instructions. http://bmwk10075abs1fix.web.fc2.com/
He really knows his stuff and can fix the computer if needed.
He has fixed both computers for me and at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
In case yours can't be fixed I have a good working one here to sell.
Best of luck

Last edited by Rick G on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty MOT test passed Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Beware Rick G's offer, it's just a piece of black insulation tape to stick over your flashing light.
Well doen mate.
RT

7Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:31 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Blabber mouth. Do you have to tell all my secrets MOT test passed 167893

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

8Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:17 am

wez1

wez1
Rick G wrote:
wez1 wrote:hoooorrrrraaayMOT test passed 502531

Now for that annoying ABS, time to reset the computer.

Go to this site and follow all of Tosi's instructions. http://bmwk10075abs1fix.web.fc2.com/
He really knows his stuff and can fix the computer if needed.
He has fixed both computers for me and at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
In case yours can't be fixed I have a good working one here to sell.
Best of luck

i already have done cheers and i will have to try it again i think it is the pumps or sensors but need to investigate more lol

9Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

wez1

wez1
88 you might think it as anevening spin but to us in this little country withh potholes and tiny roads it is almost a daytrip lol

and the modern highway men are on the pry in many a hedge just waiting to endorse your licence and eleviate you of your wellerned cash so it takes almost half a day to do 30 miles:lol!:

10Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:53 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Not sure if Tosi has anything about low batteries but if the battery is on the way out and voltage is even .2 volt down then the ABS plays up no end. I chased faults all round the country then found out it was a battery.

When I was having the problem I found that sometimes I needed to reset 10 - 15 times before it did reset.

I recall one guy on another forum saying it took 301 times and eventually reset and hasn't played up since, that was years ago.

11Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 am

wez1

wez1
batt. is fine i will try resetting as described by tosh once i propperly understand how MOT test passed 78846

12Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
My ABS is still giving me a headache, I have just got a new battery for the bike so am hoping that it is going to sort it out. As can be seen from the picture below it's either bipolar or it is a new ACDC heavy metal battery...
MOT test passed Imag0115

MOT test passed 169042MOT test passed 169034

13Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:22 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, I wonder how many problems that has caused.
Good spot, twincarb.

Paul.

14Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Just sent an email to motorworks to let them know that there maybe a problem with there supplier... I only noticed because I decided to check the voltage and looked at the polarity on the battery top and the multimeter showed -12V

MOT test passed 169042MOT test passed 169034

15Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 am

wez1

wez1
i wonder how many folks did'nt even notice it is rather unusual to see something like this but a laugh it sure is

16Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:24 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah a real good way to fry your electronics too.

17Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm

wez1

wez1
yup can see a few diods go pop in any ecu

not much fun but on the otherhand you must be able to sue for the replacement or repair

18Back to top Go down   MOT test passed Empty Re: MOT test passed Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 pm

wez1

wez1
twincarb wrote:Just sent an email to motorworks to let them know that there maybe a problem with there supplier... I only noticed because I decided to check the voltage and looked at the polarity on the battery top and the multimeter showed -12V

you will be one of the lucky ones with some sence in their heads can be a very costly thing to have happen to any electrical system

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum