BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty RT Mirrors Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Doc5440

It is probably something very simple that I am overlooking, BUT How does one remove the mirror out of the mirror assembly without breaking it? Any advice would be great. It is starting to slowly warm up here in Detroit and I want to start painting!

Thanks!

Doc

2Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty Re: RT Mirrors Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:56 pm

Admin

Admin
admin
admin
You need a special tool.
When I repainted my bike, we tried to remove them but broke both of them.
Unless you have the tool (sort of pry bar), put some masking tape on your mirrors but don't try to remove them.

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com

3Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty RT Mirrors Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:19 pm

sojelade

Hi Doc,

I had the same problem broke one mirror but on searching through the internet I came accross some information about how easy it can be to get the mirror off. First make sure that you have a flat surface or soft carpet on the floor then slam the body with the mirror facing down firmly but not too hard. The mirror should pop out and I have used this method a number of times now.

Just make sure that the mirror assemble is square when you slam it down firmly but not with too much pressure. Make sure that it does not bounce otherwise this could break the mirror. If I find the website again I will post the link.

Regards

Soji

4Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty Re: RT Mirrors Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Admin

Admin
admin
admin
sojelade wrote:Hi Doc,

I had the same problem broke one mirror but on searching through the internet I came accross some information about how easy it can be to get the mirror off. First make sure that you have a flat surface or soft carpet on the floor then slam the body with the mirror facing down firmly but not too hard. The mirror should pop out and I have used this method a number of times now.

Just make sure that the mirror assemble is square when you slam it down firmly but not with too much pressure. Make sure that it does not bounce otherwise this could break the mirror. If I find the website again I will post the link.

Regards

Soji

That's a very good tip and I will try it.
Glad to hear from you Soji. I tought that you deserted this site.

This is a proof that everybody (even with minimum experience on the K bikes) has something to contribute.
Last year I helped Soji with some tips, and now he tought me something.

Great!

Now, I would like to see pictures of everybody's bike.

Cheers

Bert

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com

5Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty Re: RT Mirrors Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Doc5440

LOL Thanks for the tip! I am sure it works great. Unfortuantely between work and bike work (is that REALLY work???) I didn't see your post until AFTER I had already taped, primed, and painted the mirrors!

Doc

6Back to top Go down   RT Mirrors Empty BMW k100 rt Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:53 pm

sojelade

I did promised that if I do come accross the tread again I will post it. There is a lot of other hints and help on this BMW website that will be of invaluable help to every one. I have had to respray my mirrors and I had used the method for both sides and it works a treat. Please see the hyper link below.

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/krs-mirror-removal.shtml

Regards
Soji

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum