BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   What brake pads are the go. Empty What brake pads are the go. Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:19 pm

coopz

coopz
Hi all I need to replace front brake pads and Im new to BMW ownership. Had a look on Aussie Flea Bay several to choose so whats a good all rounder thanks for any advice Brian.

2Back to top Go down   What brake pads are the go. Empty Re: What brake pads are the go. Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Hi, it's a good idea to list what bike model and year you own in your signature, found in your profile section. It helps us to answer your question with more specifics.

Perhaps you should have titled it....what brake pads are the stop!

EBC are good quality pads. The EBC 'HH' sintered with copper backs
are best of their offerings over the 'organic' variety. Motobins in the UK sell a cheap (inexpensive) pad set called Acer that I've used but prefer them out the back instead of the front. I also like the British-made Dunlopad but have found these, well, hard to find. Swedish SBS do a good pad set too. There are many Chinese/Asian pad sets on eBay but they are of dubious quality, although they get ya' in with their low low price.

3Back to top Go down   What brake pads are the go. Empty Re: What brake pads are the go. Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Hi coopz

I've recently fitted the EBC 'HH' pads to the back of the outfit (with a new EBC floating disc) and was suprised how good the rear brake has become. Consequently, I've bought a set for the front but I've yet to fit them.

Paul.

4Back to top Go down   What brake pads are the go. Empty Re: What brake pads are the go. Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

STEVE1959

Silver member
Silver member
I have German Metal Gear pads in the front and while they work well with plenty of stopping power they produce a lot of brake dust and are prone to squealing. I don't know which compound they are as they were fitted by a friend who owned the bike before I bought it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum