BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 am

GeorgiaK

GeorgiaK
Silver member
Silver member
Howdy brick riders,

I'm in the market to get a right side crash bar for my 1990 k100lt. Preferably off a used bike. New from BMW, the bars are chrome, not black. Any leads would be highly appreciated. roundel

2Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:22 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I don't know of any at the moment but I reckon that just keeping a close watch on Ebay and other similar places would be the best way to get one.
You may have to buy a pair to get just the one you want.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
GeorgiaK wrote:Howdy brick riders,

I'm in the market to get a right side crash bar for my 1990 k100lt. Preferably off a used bike. New from BMW, the bars are chrome, not black. Any leads would be highly appreciated. Crash bar replacement 2601034182

try www.ibmwr.org and go to their marketplace. Place an ad if no one has them listed for sale, or try Josh at the Parts Haus in sunny So Cal. 509-562-???? and I forget the rest, but have the phone number at work.

4Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
right hand crash bars seem to missing like socks in a washing machine they a;ways go missing
i was in the same sitiuation but was helped out by a forum member

5Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Right hand crash bars, mirrors and panniers are all hard to find. Don't know why but they must go down on the right side a lot more than the left. It's nothing to do with left or right side of the road because US, Canada, UK, Europe or Oz it the same.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

6Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 am

Life time member
Life time member
Rick G wrote:Right hand crash bars, mirrors and panniers are all hard to find. Don't know why but they must go down on the right side a lot more than the left. It's nothing to do with left or right side of the road because US, Canada, UK, Europe or Oz it the same.

I reckon it's just being dropped off the stand. Once it more than a couple of inches away from you on the balance point over she goes, as you're already familiar with Crash bar replacement 652573

I lost mine that way 3 times since getting it, once with a very appreciative audience on a forecourt :joker:

Keep an eye on ebay.de as some of the country specific listings don't always appear on the ".com" even with the worldwide box ticked.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

7Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I've never dropped mine getting it of the stand. Its ever only been over once and that was the left side.

8Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 am

Amster

Amster
Maybe you can try
http://www.milweb.net/go/groenewoud/

he's a seller of surplus army/govermnet equipment.

good luck finding your part

Amster

http://www.van-amstel.org

9Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Rick G wrote:I've never dropped mine getting it of the stand. Its ever only been over once and that was the left side.

Easily done when getting it up on the stand.............especially with wet and slippery boots.

During 26 years of ownership............I`ve lost the count.

10Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I dropped the Z1300 Kawasaki twice but not anything since I have had a BMW and thats since the Kawasaki came of the road in 2002.
Maybe I'm just lucky

11Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just getting the plastics repainted after my little over the bike from the wrong side event ......sh^t happens

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

12Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 am

Life time member
Life time member
Rick G wrote:I dropped the Z1300 Kawasaki twice but not anything since I have had a BMW and thats since the Kawasaki came of the road in 2002.
Maybe I'm just lucky

Nah ....it's those titanium arms Laughing .

"We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
Crash bar replacement 6mman_10

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

13Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am

GeorgiaK

GeorgiaK
Silver member
Silver member
Mine has been over plenty, but mostly when trying to back the bugger up. The current crash bar was bent in a gnarly way after being run off the road on a cross country tour recently.

14Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
That's odd, my outfit has never fallen over. scratch

Paul.

15Back to top Go down   Crash bar replacement Empty Re: Crash bar replacement Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 pm

GeorgiaK

GeorgiaK
Silver member
Silver member
sidecar paul wrote:That's odd, my outfit has never fallen over. scratch

Paul.

Ha!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum