BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dying horns Empty Dying horns Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
Horns finally gave up after probably 28 years on the bike. Sounded like something stuffed in them. Flea bay listed some used ones for $35 each. At Canadian Tire for unrelated reason and found the same Fiamm horns for $14.95 each! Only difference is the new ones don't have the fitting for the waterproof rubber boots but spade connectors fit. Sounds great!

2Back to top Go down   Dying horns Empty Re: Dying horns Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Don`t disturb the neighbours too much.

3Back to top Go down   Dying horns Empty Re: Dying horns Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
You can often resurrect an old horn by slightly turning the small screw after loosening the locknut on the back of the horn. It'll go from warble to bright as new in some cases. Then paint or putty it over so it doesn't loosen again. But in your case this point is mute (pardon the pun).

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

4Back to top Go down   Dying horns Empty Dying horns Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
I'll give that a try. If it works I'll mount them somewhere and have 4 horns! Who needs loud pipes?!

5Back to top Go down   Dying horns Empty Re: Dying horns Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
off topic a little bit...I had a Guzzi California yonks ago that had Fiamm horns on it. Coming up to a set of traffic lights when the driver next to me decided he wanted to be where I was. Well, I hit the horn button and I swear this bloke was looking for the FBT (F*#&ing Big Truck).
I don't think I've ever seen reflexes like this guy had getting his car back in his lane!
I just putted past. You should've seen the look on his face!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum