BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Life time member
Life time member
Very good description and pics Charlie. Weird weather event for sure. When you're being buffetted by strong winds you're very glad of the weight of the K. Thanks for posting.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
+1. Thanks for the nice pictures from down under, Charlie.

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
It was brilliant ride..One of the things I love about riding is that we
are at the mercy of the weather.. You can get given anything!!
As always Charlie has given you a good description of the ride. My day started at around 3:30 am. In the dark as usual. It was good to meet Saxon and Bella. Thanks for the shelter!! It was a brilliant ride..One of the things I love about riding is that
we are at the mercy of the weather.. You can get given anything!! It took me around three hours to get from Allora to Kingaroy as I need to stop for a couple of lil rests on the way. I only have one or two pics to add.
Long ways to go..
Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Long_w10
The real reason for the early starts. Fernvale Bakery!!
Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Real_r10
Our lunch view..
Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Lunch_10
Looks like another one is turned..I gotta get me one of these Very Happy
Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Anothe10
Thanks for the ride Charlie!!

Sound of more evil laughter...... Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 447221

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
You only like the chair cos its white Alby Smile plus be easy to colour match with your machine

Brilliant pics guys and write up by Charlie
cheers Tony

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Awesome pics and write up guys. Can't wait for the trip north in 4weeks.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Coulda, shoulda, woulda...I'm sorry that I missed this little trip.

As said previously, a good write-up and great photos. Are you sure Nic will get in the sidecar Alby?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
part two

...slippery conditions and massive sight issues durring the now night ride over "ben lomond" a hill of some significance to road travellers and further south along this part of the new england highway

turning in at guyra and the suburban streets leading to ...sean standing outside his place , bella by his side (he can see the traffic on the highway from his front door)

what a welcome sight

welcomes accomplished ,, sean fixed us up with some spagetti and stuff , to his particular fomular ...herbs spices and all that .

meanwhile alcahol was being consumed at a serious pace ...grin ...sean loves his red ! and alby partook of some strange concoction that comes in cans and smells suspiciously of cola added to something

alby had brought with him some german sausage stuff from a local up his way as a gift ....(not too bad actually) appreciated by sean .

we rambled on about experiences, lives and insights till the wee hours .... with the slow burner fire in the next room keeping everything warm and cosy . (some sleep acheived ..sorry for waking our new found friend with my smoking habit out doors )

next morning a frost was out and about ..indicating a clear sky overnight .

the guys pulled the bikes from the sheds , and we worked on sean's rig ...light and purpose built , amazingly easy to push around actually .

photos of the event and setup of the rig as well

Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 2012-041

the sky told me that yesterdays event was behind us ...check it out ...blue and crisp and cool to the skin ...some heat in the suns rays .

i kinda gathered that we didnt need to push the envelope for more experiences around the hills that i had suggested as a great plan out of guyra ...we took the easy option and travelled back up the "new england" towards tenterfield and queensland ...a glorious day for road travel and made all that much better by travelling on a good track through the 3- 400 ks of "new england " country side .

huge grannit boulders littered the side of the road , the hills and gigantic solid mass tors of grannit with names like "bald knob " and the like , amongst green fields of the road before us at unpredictable distances and occasional climbs over to the next valley .

Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Pictur45

we acheived stanthorp about 12.30 ish and chowed down at the local "maccas " rang "rick g" who was home after his trip south ...and visited him and margerat , not far out of town .

a good natter , and update on his arm issue and a sneaky inspection of his "new beemer " by me was a welcome break in the travel ,

heading further north towards warwick was easy travel ...but the break and lunch took its tol ...was feeling verry "relaxed " around leaving warwick ....where alby headed north and i east ..back to brissy (made sence that alby could cut a few hours off his travel home . (thinking about it right now i should have travelled with him at least up to toowoomba ...sorry mate wasnt thinking right )

the view from the "allora turn off" ...looking towards the "cunninghams gap " ...the road down to the coast from there

Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 2012-042

the "drums were beating" ...drawing me home via the quickest path

rather than travelling the highway route back to brisbane i turned off and travelled through "boonah " some of our southern friends might remember this little country gem on the edge of "the scenic rim "

Anyone up for a ride??  Its long weekend - Page 2 Pictur14

finally home ...a couple of ales had me falling asleep at the "puta "

im sure they poisoned us with all the good stuff at the "maccas" at stanthorpe ..maybe it was those "fairy cakes" giggle

it was a great trip and verry thankfull for alby suggesting a ride out somewhere

his support and close travelling made the trip all the more enjoyable, of corse the benefits of meeting new found friends was a bonus

im sure alby has plans, already afoot, for his rig in the not too distant future ...thanks to seans inspiration for something a little different .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Some nice piccies and a good blurb, Charlie and Alby. Wish I had done the ride!

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Thanks for even more nice pictures from this trip down under, Charlie.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum