BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Riding Lights Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:40 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
I was rummaging in the old shed a found a pair of Notek Spots I used to have on my old Wolseley 16/60.
Just wondered if anyone has any ideas for fixing spots to an RS. I've scanned the forum and found a few articles for lights on RTs and LTs . I have no engine bars.

Riding Lights Notek10

Thought the quick glance "OMG is that a bizzy" look would be fun

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

2Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Did make some brackets, which is mounted at the front engine/frame bolts.

Riding Lights Dsc00011

3Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Seriously I would see what the classic car boys would pay for those because they are just what an old classic car enthusiast would need to make their car look perfect.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Plus 1 with K Bike but would they work up side down? no not to use down here but to use in front of the forks under the headlight. It would present really well as in look menacing, that's my guess or where i'd put some.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

5Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
That,s where I was thinking K75cster there is a small flat spot on the underside of the upper fairing either side of the headlight, but wondered whether it was a good idea to drill the fairing? A 6mm hole with fairly large washers inside and out.

The whole light (reflector and lens) can be rotated 360 degrees, so can be mounted any way.... even aussie style Riding Lights 4232840684

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

6Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
rotate 360, then all is good. Now all we need is for someone to come along and say the fibreglass is strong enough to handle the lights and not crack when travelling over a cattle grate or driveway gutter and its a go-er I'd use a flat bar 2mm or there abouts to form to the inside of the fairing folding it up the sides abit to be sure.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

7Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
On the fairing there are 2 strong reinforced places where the police bikes mount the lights and the LT had the radio antenna mounted they are very apparent from the inside and are just forward of the rear vision mount at about the same level.
I have my 6 in spotlights mounted there and so far all is ok after 10,000km.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 am

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
Rick G wrote:On the fairing there are 2 strong reinforced places where the police bikes mount the lights and the LT had the radio antenna mounted they are very apparent from the inside and are just forward of the rear vision mount at about the same level.

Looking at the pics Inge k has put up above, anything mounted in-front of the mirrors will obscure the turn indicators on the RS, but I'll have a good look next month when the bike goes into the shed for a few months. (Road tax is due, and so is the nasty weather). Time for more TLC, and a few sessions of pampering the old girl

1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

9Back to top Go down   Riding Lights Empty Re: Riding Lights Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Rick G wrote:On the fairing there are 2 strong reinforced places where the police bikes mount the lights and the LT had the radio antenna mounted they are very apparent from the inside and are just forward of the rear vision mount at about the same level.
Doh thinking RT/LT Riding Lights 87464 Embarassed

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum