BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Water in Final drive casing Empty Water in Final drive casing Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 am

coopz

coopz
When changing oil in final drive I noticed a white colour oil indicating water presence. I changed oil regardless after cleaning out inner casing. Theres is a small weep from casing near upper part of casing.next to disc rotor. Should I replace outer oil seal and large O ring many thanks in advance Coopz

2Back to top Go down   Water in Final drive casing Empty Re: Water in Final drive casing Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 am

Halo

Halo
Life time member
Life time member
Yes the orings compress with time and need replacing very cheap even from your local BMW shop
Halo

3Back to top Go down   Water in Final drive casing Empty Re: Water in Final drive casing Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Also check that the O-ring at bottom of the breather is undamaged, and the small hole in the breather is facing rearwards.

Early models didn`t have this O-ring (and small hole), and it was a problem with water entering the FD via the breather.

This mod was done somewhere late -84.

Water in Final drive casing Lufteh10

4Back to top Go down   Water in Final drive casing Empty Final Drive problem Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 am

coopz

coopz
Many thanks guys for replies I'll check that out Coopz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum