BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 am

Rick G

admin
admin
Thats about as twisted as twisted gets.
Now who took me up on that beer rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 447221

52Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
well picked Rick...my shout when you come down to pick up your wheels...and bring my stuff...Very Happy

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Au-log10

53Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
Desert Beemer your swing arm is in the mail. I sent it priority mail so you should have it in about 3 to 5 days. I fit it in a flat rate box so I owe you $7. In the box is the pivot pins and 2 stainless wire mirror tethers. I know you don't need the tethers but the box was already sealed. Let me know when you get it. I am sure we all want to see if you actually bent the swing are or is it somthing else. My money is on somthing else.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.
And a load of K100 projects and parts.

54Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
well Im betting on the swing arm we all will know when it gets here. ithe one pic against the glass prove its twisted if the bearing and final drive flange are suppose to be square. Im just trying to figure out how im going to get my half of the beer rick is going to win we all know fosters are beer for two lmao Im going to add "swing arm twisting" to my sig

William Gornto Alamogordo New Mexico

55Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
desertbeemer wrote: Im just trying to figure out how im going to get my half of the beer rick is going to win we all know fosters are beer for two lmao

Happy to buy Rick a beer on your behalf mate...and we must get this straight...we only export Fosters, we do not actually drink it...personally I prefer a Carlton Draught or perhaps Cascade....or if feeling particularly affluent a Crown Lager...and of course Rick being a Banana bender he is bound to like one of the many XXXX beers.🇳🇴

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Au-log10

56Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
oh ok well get him one for me and i have got to ask Banana Bender?

57Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Klompy the grey brick wrote:
desertbeemer wrote: Im just trying to figure out how im going to get my half of the beer rick is going to win we all know fosters are beer for two lmao

Happy to buy Rick a beer on your behalf mate...and we must get this straight...we only export Fosters, we do not actually drink it...personally I prefer a Carlton Draught or perhaps Cascade....or if feeling particularly affluent a Crown Lager...and of course Rick being a Banana bender he is bound to like one of the many XXXX beers.🇳🇴

Banana Bender maybe XXXX drinker NO way, now cascade or hahn thats talking my language.
And as for Fosters well I reckon that the joke is over and it wasn't a very good one at that. If we keep sending it to the english they will declare war on us and I wouldn't blame them.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

58Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
well i guess fosters is a redneck beer i like it but my beer of choice is horse piss bud

59Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
desertbeemer wrote:well i guess fosters is a redneck beer i like it but my beer of choice is horse piss bud

Mark Tyrell who is one of Australias premier wine makers said to me one day "there are 2 types of wine, the ones you like and the ones you don't like" and the same goes for beers or burgers.
I live in one of the best wine making areas in Australia and many people over the years have said they should come to see me and get a guided tour of the best winerys but I say that it is difficult because I don't like any of the wines produced here so I would have to take them to another district.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

60Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
Well whos buying now I just got the swing arm in from RJTrucker and here are some pics i took after installing the swing arm he sent back in rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 01510rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 01610

61Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
Ok now that I know they can bend I am going to have to raise my price for them. The cost is $7. Ok we are now even cause the shipping was only $13 and you sent me $20. Just kidding. Glad it worked out. I will credit you the $7 when you send in your injectors for service. Or I will mail it to you.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

62Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
Ron I'm not worried a bit about the 7 keep it and thank you so much for helping me with this I will be sending you my injecters real soon. I'm just so glad that this is all that was wrong. I did find out something for future reference if anyone every thinks their swing arm is twisted. I know how to find out. Lay it on a peice of glass bearing down, square the bearing to the glass and if its bent the flange end will not be square with the glass. I did this with the one you sent and it was dead on square where the old twisted one had a 1/4 in gap on one end of the flange. Who else can say they ride their brick so hard as to twist the swing arm LMAO

63Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I thought it might have been from using spurs to get that bit extra. Very Happy

64Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:37 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
rednecks dont use spurs we use duct tape and baling wire just think I did this with a stock brick what will happen once I get a turbo and NOS I do have a question how can you get rid of the MAS and still run a injecter system. has any one every went to a carb system over the injector. I modified a gold wing once to take a 2 barrel cab over the four singles thought about doing something like that to the brick

Rick be sure when ya get your beer you do a toast to rjtrucker and me with out us you would be buying lmao oh and getting to add "swingarm bending" to my sig was priceless

65Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
Years ago Matt Capri aka Mr Luftmeister had a carb conversion for the k100. If you go with the turbo the MAS is gone. The whole airbox is replaced with a plenum. That is if you go with the competition 8 injector setup.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

66Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
See now I just need to save my cereal box tops and send for a turbo. Have racked my brain and poked my piggy bank and just cant squeeze the pennies enough. To come to NJ even when I know its such a great deal and I will make my money back and some.

67Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
that looks a little better

good on you guys ...! ^5s rj

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

68Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
I agree ^5s to RJTrucker Couldnt have done it with out ya

69Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I still cannot figure how the swing arm got bent.
Time to check mine.

Good job and great to have RJtrucker helping you.

PS:
We Canadians are using duct tape for everything. We consider it the greatest invention on earth.

70Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
BUS JUMPING LMAO

71Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Crazy Frog wrote:I still cannot figure how the swing arm got bent.
Time to check mine.

Good job and great to have RJtrucker helping you.

PS:
We Canadians are using duct tape for everything. We consider it the greatest invention on earth.

Yeah we use it here in Oz but we find that when you remove it from the duck it pulls out some feathers rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 44271

Difficult to imagine a swingarm getting bent, like I said earlier on they will break because of being cast aluminium but bending that much I would not have thought it could happen. I suppose that we live and learn.

72Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
Anyone need a swing arm? I still have another one or two here.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

73Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 pm

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
I might better get me another one got a big bus jump comming up

74Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
Christmas special buy 2 get 1 free.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

75Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty I have an 85 RT parts bike Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:51 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
desertbeemer wrote:ok will do its a 1985 k100rt I tried the moving the wheel and nothing. The angle doesnt change when the wheel is spun so not bent rim. I did drop a drive shaft a year ago got some gouging inside the swing arm guess im going to spend the 30 buck and get another one and see. need to make a jig to check the new one against the old one thanks for any and all help

I have an 85 rt high miles parts bike. I was able to slowley drive it around the block before dis-assmbly to verify that the final drive actually moved the bike and that the trans shifts through all 5 gears.

This bike had 235,000 + miles on it and I have no other history to draw from.

If you find you have unservicable parts on your bike you can have the final drive, swing arm and driveshaft out of it for $75 + shipping. I have no way to guarentee the serviceability of these parts but if you don't like them for any reason & want to pay to ship them back, I would give you back your $75.

I expect I'm not far from you in Phoenix, Az ibjman@cox.net

76Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a great offer ibj ....!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

77Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:10 am

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
Crazy Frog wrote:

PS:

Duct tape is like "the Force" Luke.......
It has a light side and a dark side... and it holds the universe together

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

78Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
Rjtrucker wrote: Years ago Matt Capri aka Mr Luftmeister had a carb conversion for the k100. If you go with the turbo the MAS is gone. The whole airbox is replaced with a plenum. That is if you go with the competition 8 injector setup.

That's not true. The turbo blows through the airflow meter. This was the first application of a turbo blowing through a Bosch L-jetronic airflow meter.
Btw. Matt Debris didn't invent any of this. He simply marketed the work of RBRacing.
Read their website and learn what a dirt merchant Matt Capri really is. Those of us who know him knew this years ago. Goofmeister, Junkmeister, Junkshyster, Loudmeister, all of these names apply, along with Matt Debris for all the engines he's scattered in dyno rooms over the years.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwturbos.htm

Btw, RBRacing will still happily sell you a K100 or K75 turbo kit without any of the Matt Capri BS.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

79Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:55 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
The universe and my boots!

rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 My_mot10

Paul.

80Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Themason wrote:
Rjtrucker wrote: Years ago Matt Capri aka Mr Luftmeister had a carb conversion for the k100. If you go with the turbo the MAS is gone. The whole airbox is replaced with a plenum. That is if you go with the competition 8 injector setup.

That's not true. The turbo blows through the airflow meter. This was the first application of a turbo blowing through a Bosch L-jetronic airflow meter.
Btw. Matt Debris didn't invent any of this. He simply marketed the work of RBRacing.
Read their website and learn what a dirt merchant Matt Capri really is. Those of us who know him knew this years ago. Goofmeister, Junkmeister, Junkshyster, Loudmeister, all of these names apply, along with Matt Debris for all the engines he's scattered in dyno rooms over the years.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwturbos.htm

Btw, RBRacing will still happily sell you a K100 or K75 turbo kit without any of the Matt Capri BS.

That is a very interesting read there Mason and not a sign of any duct tape. Smile

81Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
I have a competition turbo kit and it does not use the MAS. The 4 and 5 injector set up uses it. There. Is noplace for it with the plenum.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

82Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
RB racing is not very cooperative when it comes to the k100 and k75 turbo. I need an AIC and got no help from them. I had to get info from Haltech directly. They made them for RB back in the late 80s. I have one of the last catalog put out by Luftmeister.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

83Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Themason

Themason
Gold member
Gold member
[quote="Rjtrucker"]I have a competition turbo kit and it does not use the MAS. The 4 and 5 injector set up uses it. There. Is noplace for it with the plenum.[/quote]

The 16 valve engines with Motronic never had a mass airflow sensor of any type. These are pure Alpha-N systems with a big plenum so that might be the source of confusion. All of the two valves per cylinder bikes used L-Jetronic and have the vane style "Air Volume Determinator". Turbos blow through the vane. Unless you convert an L Jet bike to Motronic (stupid if you do) then there is no way to eliminate the vane in an L Jet system. Vane position is the primary input that determines pulse width. L jet does not read throttle position as Motronic bikes do. The TPS only tells L Jet bikes when the throttle is fully open or fully closed. You can remove the TPS and the bike operates just fine. BMW never used a hot wire MAS in any of their motorcycles.

1984 K-100RS Alaska Blue w/Parelever and 16V wheels.

1984 K-100RS Metallic Madison stock

1986 R-80G/S w/1000 cc engine

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Mirage Orange w/XR1200 wheels, Race Tech, True Track, Works Performance shocks

2007 Harley Davidson Street Rod Vivid Black stock

1993-ish K-100/1100RT/LT hemaphrodite frankenbike thingy to be painted satin black from a rattle can eventually

84Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:11 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
desertbeemer wrote:Well whos buying now I just got the swing arm in from RJTrucker and here are some pics i took after installing the swing arm he sent back in

Awesome thread. Thanks for the entertainment.

uj

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

85Back to top Go down   rear wheel leans to the right  - Page 2 Empty Re: rear wheel leans to the right Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
The turbo system I have was removed from a 1985 2 valve. It has a plenum that mounts directly over the throttle bodies. There is no place for a mas. The 4 additional injectors are controled by the AIC. Additional injector controler. ( the one part I dont have) I am not sure how the other injectors were controled. When I got the bike it was not running and the turbo was removed. I got the bike running again by reinstalling a mas and adjusting the tps. Originally when I got the bike it would start but only idle. If you touched the throttle the bike would stall.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum