BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Standard 16v Chip Empty Standard 16v Chip Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 pm

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
My 91 16vRS has a Harmann chip fitted along with a Remus exhaust. It sounds lovely and goes really well, the only problem is the fuel consumption. It takes a real effort to squeeze 40mpg out of it. Does anyone have an original chip lying about which they might part with, or does anyone know where a reasonably priced one may be sourced?

2Back to top Go down   Standard 16v Chip Empty Re: Standard 16v Chip Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:11 am

Ringfad

Ringfad
Life time member
Life time member
I think it is time we met up. I have one of these if you want to try it and I am only down the road from you. I am finishing off for Christmas today and will be around most of next week and also still hoping to meet up with the rest of the guys on Saturday 29th.

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 60K Km     ;BMW;  K1100RS Black 1996       ;BMW; K1 Blue 1990 25K Miles

3Back to top Go down   Standard 16v Chip Empty Stroke of luck Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
Well gents, at the suggestion of Ringfad I took a little run down the road to his place to try out a standard chip. Spent a couple of interesting hours chewing the fat and comparing buikes. Simon changed over one of his spare Motronic units with standard chip for my one with the Harmann chip.

I then took the bike out for a run out the country, the difference is incredible. When warm the bike idles nicely at 1000rpm instead of the old 1200. The fueling at low revs is so smooth that it completely transforms the bike, the transition from throttle off to throttle on is no longer snatchy and the bike will pull smoothly from 1000rpm in fifth gear without hesitation. I can't notice any real difference at higher revs.

Over the next week or so I will check out the fuel consumption to see if it improves.

Simon....thanks a million, i'll give you a shout towards the end of next week and we can strike a deal.

steve

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum