BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Testing the Hall sensors Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I just created a new page explaining how to test the Hall sensors.
I had loaned my spare set of sensors to my brother and don't have a spare set to do testing.
I would like to know which sensor is pin #2 and Which one is pin #5.
If somebody has a spare set available, could you please do the test and let me know?
Otherwise, I would have to remove the tank on my bike to check it. You know that this is a 1/2 hour job on a K100rt Twisted Evil
The page can be seen there: Testing the Hall sensors

2Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Bert,
Excellent job a most useful addition to the other fault finding info you have produced.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:57 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Bert, can't help you (yet) Don't have 12 V LED's, but they're on order Very Happy

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Testing the Hall sensors Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 am

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi Bert

I built the tester described in this forum, and i tested my hall sensor (trying to work out why my bike won't start!!).
i noticed that pin #2 is the ouput for the top sensor and pin #5 is the output for the bottom sensor.

5Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks a lot.
What is the result of your test?

6Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:09 am

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
test confirms that the Hall Sensor is fine. The LED lights when the Hall sensor is "clear". When a metal object is placed between the sensor the LED switches off! does that prove that the HAll Sensor is OK, and if there is spark at the spark plugs, that the ignition control module is OK?
regards
Gabriel

7Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Gabriel,
Sorry to disappoint but a Hall sensor is often intermittently bad then good then bad often as it heats and cools. Another failure mode is in the wiring to them.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum