BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   gearbox oil leak Empty gearbox oil leak Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:49 pm

MACSLAD

I recently bought a 1990 K100LT with a blown engine, plus another motor to replace it. I did the swop and the replacement engine runs fine. I also replaced the clutch pushrod gaiter as the old one was torn. I parked it on the center stand on a slight upward slope, and gear oil started dripping from the center of the gaiter. Is that all there is to contain the oil, or should there be an oil seal as well?

2Back to top Go down   gearbox oil leak Empty Re: gearbox oil leak Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
OOPS...

Somebody that made the same mistake as I did the first time that I took a K bike apart.

The gaiter at the back of the clutch mechanism is the only seal that prevents oil from dripping from the engine.
Since this is only money, it will cost you about $50 for a new gaiter.
If you check the page on the K100 rebuilt, you will notice that I warned people about this.

Sorry to hear about your problem, but the only fix is to put a new gaiter.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   gearbox oil leak Empty Re: gearbox oil leak Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:33 pm

MACSLAD

Hi It is a new gaiter. The oil is dripping from the center hole where the clutch adjuster fits.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum