BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Front engine cover removal Empty Front engine cover removal Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi!
I had difficulty removing my engine front cover today - the one that covers the timing chain.

I removed all the bolts, the other covers are off anyway, and it was reluctant to come off. Maybe I need to hit it harder with my mallet!!

Any experience of doing this would be useful to hear about. Also getting the oil pump off.

Will have some time next week to post some pics of the project - oh no my bike has become a project again. Still, keeps me occupied when I'm not doing useful stuff like working or decorating the house...
N

2Back to top Go down   Front engine cover removal Empty Re: Front engine cover removal Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Lucky you Neal..... I just spent some time to post a web page on fixing the oil pump.
For the cover, if all the screws are off and the hall sensors are removed, it should comes off easy.

3Back to top Go down   Front engine cover removal Empty Re: Front engine cover removal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks Bert - so I don't need to undo the allen-headed bolt in the middle of the hall sensor hole?

Cheers, N

4Back to top Go down   Front engine cover removal Empty Re: Front engine cover removal Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Neal,

You have to remove the Hall sensors and the cam held by 3 screws.
These pictures are posted on the K 100 rebuilt page

Bert

Front engine cover removal Chain_2 Front engine cover removal Chain_5 Front engine cover removal Chain_3

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum