BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Nylon strap tire mounting. Empty Nylon strap tire mounting. Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 am

weez

weez
Has anyone actually done it this way?: https://www.k100-forum.com/t4232-mount-a-motorcycle-tire-without-using-tools

Intrigued by this because A) I don't have a tire machine and B) If it works it would mean no marring my freshly painted wheels with irons.

1997 ST1100
2000 DRZ400E

2Back to top Go down   Nylon strap tire mounting. Empty Re: Nylon strap tire mounting. Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:56 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I haven't tried it myself but was telling a friend about it and he said Oh yeah I found out about that years ago and it does work. I sort of heard a silent but there so maybe he didn't find it as easy as it seems.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Nylon strap tire mounting. Empty Re: Nylon strap tire mounting. Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 am

weez

weez
Thanks Rick. I think I'll give it a try on my front...not in big hurry and nothing to lose really. I have a bunch of those white nylon BMW shipping crate straps.

1997 ST1100
2000 DRZ400E

4Back to top Go down   Nylon strap tire mounting. Empty tyre mounting Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

sven k100

sven k100
i've fitted my own tyres for years, but the wheels on the k100 seem to require a different tecnique. Instead of attempting to get a seal between the tyre edge and the rim bead, try to get the tyre to seal against the inner lip of the wheel . the tyre will pressurise at this point then jump out to the outer rim bead with an alarming pop. do'nt forget to remove the valve core before doing this, then put it back in once the tyre is seated. also , plenty of tyre lube is recommended.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum