BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   More oil leaks Empty More oil leaks Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Adam Etherington

Hi all
I'm a new member, but not new to BMW's
I recently bought a 1988 K100 in reasonable cond 63,000 miles, just needed tidying, discs, pads, mot usual stuff.
When I bought it I noticed that there was a leak from the pump area, not a problem I've done that but on inspecting the transmission level found nothing inside but half a pint of light brown goo. I flushed it out and replaced the transmission fluid three times to be sure everything is now fresh, however I now know where the oil has gone as it is leaking from the rubber boot on the clutch arm. I expect that this means a total strip right back to the nether regions of the clutch plate to get to the oil seal.
Is this right, please tell me I'm wrong!
By the way I'm only losing about a table spoon/100 miles but I'm concerned that if it drops onto the rear tyre.....!

2Back to top Go down   More oil leaks Empty Re: More oil leaks Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:57 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
HI, If the leak is from the boot, I think that you just have to drop the clutch lever at the trans and put a new rubber boot on ,after draining the oil , but check the book.

Brian

3Back to top Go down   More oil leaks Empty Re: More oil leaks Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Just replace the rubber boot, that's all.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland More oil leaks Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum