BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty My First Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Barcelona Pat

Barcelona Pat
Not sure how that happened, but after 30 years of two wheeled travel, I´ve only just got around to owning my first BMW!

A 25 year old K100LT with only 29k, and in pretty good condition all told. Aside from giving it a wash and covering the thing with ACF50 I´ve not done much to date, but looking forward to throwing a few spanners at it when time and weather allows.

As for myself, I´m a pretty well travelled Welshman, who has been living in Spain for the last 11 years. Well, I say that but as my employer is in the UK, I´m back on the islands each month for work.

The plan is to keep the K100 in the UK, and my XT660 in Spain, but who knows the BM could be in for a run this summer!

Good to be on the forum - and I note a few familiar names already!

Cheers
Pat
🆒

http://patonabike.blogspot.com

2Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty My first Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Pat from Barcelona (no Faulty Towers jokes, I am sure you have had enough of that).
How's your Spanish. Nice to have you on board and look forward to some pictorials. (got that from a book),
RT

3Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Bienvenido a bordo
Saludos
JAP

4Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Pat welcome to the forum. It took me about that long to get a BMW but now I just can't imagine life without one.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 pm

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Pat! Many years back I spent some great times in Barcelona and Sitges. I'd like to return, but I now fear I can't afford that luxury Crying or Very sad Still, hope springs eternal....
You're fortunate to have some nice country to ride in there in Cataluña! Enjoy!

6Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the site Pat - enjoy your time with us Wink

7Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Pat,

Not the ABR Pat who did the blog from Alaska on the yam if so hiya BIG DON from the same site. These are great bikes the K's and this forum is the tops

BIG D

8Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:18 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome pat ....enjoy !!!...they are fantastic bikes ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:25 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Pat, check out this link if you havn't already done so. Soon the call of the continental roads will reach you on the k and you'll have to atreatch its legs! Good to have you along.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

10Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse, full of K-nuts, Pat.

11Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 am

Barcelona Pat

Barcelona Pat
BIG D wrote:Cool Not the ABR Pat who did the blog from Alaska on the yam if so hiya BIG DON from the same site. These are great bikes the K's and this forum is the tops
BIG D

Don - there is only one Barcelona Pat... tis I. I know it isn´t BMW related, but if anyone is interested in my run from Tierra del Fuego to Alaska last year - check it out here: http://patonabike.blogspot.com.es/

88KE - thanks for the link... looks really useful that. I´ll just fix myself a cuppa and get stuck in now.

Inge K, charlie99, krambo - thanks for the welcome folks.
Pat
My First Beemer 212902

12Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am

Barcelona Pat

Barcelona Pat
japuentes wrote:Bienvenido a bordo
Saludos
JAP

JAP, muchisimas gracias. Me alegro estar aqui!

Pat

13Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 am

Barcelona Pat

Barcelona Pat
RT, Rick G, brickrider - thanks for the welcome guys.

Spanish is not bad (I married a native so that helps!). And I have to say so far I´ve been pretty impressed with the LT (aside from those screen extenders on the sides, had to take those off!).

And you´re right about this neck of the woods when it comes to roads. I´ve been around most of Europe, and I still think Spain offers some of the best and most diverse riding available in the EU. Weather´s not bad either!.

Pat
Big thumb

Last edited by Barcelona Pat on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

14Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Pat,

I thought it was you. you will enjoy the K I adore my K100LT I use it for two up & long trips and keep the transalp for knocking around and off road.

By the way your blogg was very helpful I have just found out I may have a long detachment to Alaska this year great stuff.

BIG D

15Back to top Go down   My First Beemer Empty Re: My First Beemer Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Pat,
Great to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum