BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

puntolimitecero

puntolimitecero
Whit no sophisticated media, you can build by yourself a tester as useful as the original BMW one but much more cheaper.
Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3152F7AEA13952B871233752B867F4

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3052F7AEA03752B871213652B867F3

You can make a simple and elementary one, that would be about this, that needs more wire and more and has two independent circuits, one of them fed with a 9 volt battery to test ignition and the other with no fed to read ABS codes, testing injectors signal,... all assembled into the same casing:

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2452F7ABFA2E52B86E753352B8654D

Other resource, a bit more sophisticated but more simple on shape would be this other. A transistor is used as a switch to light the led diode when Hall sensors or ABS signal is present, depending on switch status.

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2852F7ABFE3352B86E7A2E52B86551

When switch is on, the circuit feds Hall sensor and receives signal from it when ignition point is reached. This signal polarizes the transistor, that connects the led diode to ground.

When switch is off, the circuit dont send fed out to anything, it only feds the positive pole of led. When ABS or injectors signal is received, transistor polarizes and the led iluminates.

Transistorized tester.

I have used an old tyre pressure tester case to hold in the circuit. I never throw away anything.

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2D52F7AAD12C52B86D413352B86424

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2F52F7AAD32F52B86D443552B86426

To complete the job and make it more professional, you can design some stickers with the operation explanation:

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2D52F7AAEC2C52B86D653C52B8643F

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3052F7AAD42852B86D463652B86427

No transistor circuit

For the more simple version, we can recycle a DC charger capable of hold the two circuits:

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3052F7AAE62C52B86D5C3652B86439

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3352F7AAE02E52B86D553952B86433

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2C52F7AAC73352B86D363252B8641A

You can use a original Hall sensors female harness to connect the tester with the harness on bike. Thus will made the operation easier.

Saludos

Last edited by puntolimitecero on Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thanks for that I just might make one or at least shall put it on the end of a long list of gonna doos.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 112350

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Brilliant stuff, my soldering iron will be coming out of retirement Very Happy

BIG D

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Hi there.
Very nice and elegant solutions.
I´ll try them, but being a lego on electronic gadgets, I would like to know the resistance values and transistor type that could be used.
Best regards
JAP

puntolimitecero

puntolimitecero
I would like to know the resistance values and transistor type that could be used.

You can use almost any transistor. I used a BCY70. The resistor value is about 470 to 1000 ohm.

Saludos

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Excelente, muchas gracias !.
Un saludo
JAP

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Images have disappeared from this thread.  Did anyone have the foresight to make copies of this before the images went missing?

puntolimitecero

puntolimitecero
Sorry, I had changed the image hosting server. Post edited.

Saludos

Kafflut

Kafflut
Silver member
Silver member
I want to build the tester, but am very challenged when it comes to electronics. I need to match the wires in the first circuit diagram with the wires in the photo of the tester. I'm interested only in the ignition timing bit - ignore the ABS part. If one were to number the wires in the circuit diagram from left to right, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, please match them with the red, green black wires in the photo.

Thank you

Paul

http://bmwk100k75.weebly.com/

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2C52F7AAC73352B86D363252B8641A

The photo with the tester using the red-green-black wires is the transistorized tester and you are asking for information on the non-transistorized varient of the circuit. I presented the annotated photo on the non-transistorized unit based on your instructions.

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

puntolimitecero

puntolimitecero
Kafflut wrote:I want to build the tester, but am very challenged when it comes to electronics. I need to match the wires in the first circuit diagram with the wires in the photo of the tester. I'm interested only in the ignition timing bit - ignore the ABS part. If one were to number the wires in the circuit diagram from left to right, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, please match them with the red, green black wires in the photo.

Thank you

Paul

Hi.

Here you are the colors of the wires for the transistorized version.

Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 2D562F9C171E55F05EEE2A55F0556A Homemade multifunction ignition timing-ABS code reader-injectors tester 3052F7AAD42852B86D463652B86427

You must consider that you need to use the same green wire to check one Hall sensor and then change it to the other.

Regards

Kafflut

Kafflut
Silver member
Silver member
Wonderful! I get it - this I can do. Thank you very much.

Paul

http://bmwk100k75.weebly.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum