BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Oxford heated grips Empty Oxford heated grips Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:40 pm

ali2908

ali2908
Silver member
Silver member
Bought a set of the oxford touring heated grips, but not sure if they will fit. The diameter of the bars seems to be about 1.5 - 2mm larger than the new grips. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

The throttle grip is the worst I have cut the original grip off and it is coated in plastic? see photo. would I rub it down with a file or something else?

Oxford heated grips Imag0110

Any help much appreciated.

Ali

Ali
1985 K100RS
2002 K1200 RS

2Back to top Go down   Oxford heated grips Empty Re: Oxford heated grips Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Hmm, been a long time since I put my oxfords on, and I remember it being hell.. Clutch side was easy as (ended up taking it off and putting it back on with something sticky mixed with the soap, as it ended up turning too easily). Throttle was a massive PITA!. I ended up using the heat gun to heat the grip up quite hot, so it was soft, and then used a MASSIVE amount of dishwashing detergent to make it slide onto the plastic cage for the throttle. I seem to remember having two mates helping - one keeping the bike upright, and two of us pushing on that damned grip.

Make sure you have it lined up (rotation wise) before you start forcing the grip on - or you're pretty much screwed, and looking for a new grip, and a new cage for the throttle :-p

I understand that oxford finally got their controllers right, so you can set a specific temperature, and have it stay there (instead of only ever putting it on the lowest setting, and still burning your hands after a few minutes..) - do they have the same connections? A little white yeasu-power-style plug to each grip, and from the battery? Wouldn't mind retrofitting a new controller to mine if they're compatible

3Back to top Go down   Oxford heated grips Empty Re: Oxford heated grips Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I was only just looking at Mr klompy's Oxfords this morning before pre departure, he may have some advice there.
I fitted Oxfords to my wifes Boulie last September, half hour job , with no technical issues.
unfortunately I'm one of those who get in and just do it, but don't always remember how i did it, just ask Mr k.
Our workshop went A1 last night.
hope all goes well.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Oxford heated grips 10_x_110

4Back to top Go down   Oxford heated grips Empty Re: Oxford heated grips Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 am

ali2908

ali2908
Silver member
Silver member
Rendrag here are pictures of the fittings and the controller Very Happy

Oxford heated grips Imag0113

Oxford heated grips Imag0112

Ali
1985 K100RS
2002 K1200 RS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]