BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Radio/casette upgrades Empty Radio/casette upgrades Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

poge

poge
Good day ALL,
Has anyone changed the "old" radio/casette system on their LT?
If so , are there any details of what manufacturer for the radio/Ipod/USB was selected,what features were selected and how much wiring & fitting change was involved?
Kind Regards
Poge

2Back to top Go down   Radio/casette upgrades Empty Re: Radio/casette upgrades Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I just installed a Milennia marine radio. It has AM/FM, secure digital card + usb.
The advantage of the milennia is that it's only 4" deep and install in the glove box without a problem.
The bike is an RT and didn't have a radio before. It should be very easy to connect a new radio using the original LT wiring.

Here is the radio installed (I cut a plate of 1/8 aluminum the size of the glove box)
Radio/casette upgrades Dsc_2410

This is the radio that I bought. It's even too powerful for the original LT speakers, but with 4 chanels I can feed the speakers in the sidecar. It had good reviews on multiple motorcycle forums.
Radio/casette upgrades Dsc_2411

CF

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum