BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty RT widscreen Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:34 pm

renriv

renriv
The tall windscreen on my RT had a small (4cm or so) piece at the top that was curved to deflect the wind over the rider's helmet rather than have it into your face. Mine was broken. Anyone have any ideas where I might get one as it is very noisy without it.

2Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty Re: RT widscreen Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Got any pictures of the present screen, there are myriad screens for them and it's a bit difficult to say.
If it is the OEM RT/LT screen then I don't like the chances except keeping a watch on fleabay may turn something up.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty RT screen Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 pm

renriv

renriv
I think it's the ex police screen. Haven't got a picture of the piece because it's broken and I removed it. Very laid back screen. Sad

4Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty RT Screen Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:03 pm

renriv

renriv
You can see how far back it lays from my avatar. Laughing

5Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty Re: RT widscreen Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
renriv does this help any,
sorry I can't help with parts , both my K's have the after market screens.
I'm fairly happy with how they deflect the air.
were there many variances on this type of deflector?

RT widscreen Rt_scr10

good luck with it.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
RT widscreen 10_x_110

6Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty Re: RT widscreen Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:41 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thought i saw those deflectors still available from motorworks ?

RT widscreen FAA55020

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty Re: RT widscreen Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:29 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie is correct. Both new and used.

My first K, a 100RT had that early type of screen. IMO it was far better than the more upright LT screen that then became the standard fit but it seems to depend on the build of the rider.

8Back to top Go down   RT widscreen Empty Re: RT widscreen Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:25 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye true mike ...i love my standard screen

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum