BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks to Rick G I have a new toy and project. Have replaced external fuel lines and added fuel to tank to soften the crap. Have carby cleaner ready for tank clean up Saturday morning.12 years in a shed  Img_322812 years in a shed  Img_3232]https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/18/07/97/94/img_3229.jpghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f78/18/07/97/94/img_312 years in a shed  Img_3232[/url]231.jpg

2Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Thu May 23, 2013 9:24 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
WTF do they put in fuel in some countries? scratch

I know we pay dearly for the stuff in the UK but I've never seen it do that even after many years.

Looking forward to the restoration BTW. 12 years in a shed  112350

3Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Be sure Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Be sure to get some BIG long rubber gloves and wear them while cleaning this, or you will never get the black goo off your skin. Protect the floor around your work area with a big tarp.
It's a difficult task, I've done it twice. There's no magic potion to dissolve this stuff. I've used a gallon of lacquer thinner in the tank, sealed it up swished it around, let it set for a day or two, shake it around, repeat, repeat, repeat.
(after you scoop out the worst of it, especially in the well under the fuel pump) I also tried a 12 gallon of simple green & filled with very hot water, swished some more, soaked, swished, soaked, swished, etc.
You can also try acetone.
About 10 days, you'll have it

4Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri May 24, 2013 4:27 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good luck waz ...got my fingers crossed ,,for an easy clean up

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks
Charlie
Gunna take the injectors and and soak them for a couple of weeks while I am doing other bits, what shoul I use to soak them in? Thinners, fuel, accetone. I seen somwhere you advised somthing in a jar but I can not find it again.

6Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi waz ...alby is the man with good success on the injectors

personally.. i would soak them in fresh fuel for a bit

once you can get some flow happening the carbi clean product (now becomming harder to find ...well round here anyhow ) could be a good cleaning agent

i would hesitate about sitting the injectors in acetone and such for any long time ...you may just find the stuff will melt the electric terminal consolidation with disasterous results

if you can find a ultrasonic bath ...you may have some good results with the vibration from it

again check with alby for this sort of thing ...

(ps ill try and find that thread on the injector cleaning process again ....have a feeling that there are some pics in the "workshop day" thread ) edit ...ooops was called service day here https://www.k100-forum.com/t3319-service-day

currently building a sequencing injector excersizer here ....a thing that pulses the set of injectors one after the other with out applying too much "on time " durring the process

you can pulse the injectors with a clip lead and a nine volt battery .....just dont hold the power on for more than a second in every ten

hope that helps mate

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty I don't know if this helps or... Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I'm not sure that this is any help at this point, But I had the standard black tarry fuel tank with a deteriorated pump insulator, etc.......ended up replacing the entire tank due to corrosion leaks. With the new fuel pump & hoses, etc.....the bike ran well with no service at all to the injectors. I'm still running the original FPR as well.
It seems though, that the majority find the injectors clogged & not working after a similar event.
I just thought, you might want to give the injectors a try before pulling them out.....might just get lucky as I did.

8Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat May 25, 2013 12:49 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Yeh I will do that I was looking too far ahead so I wouldn't think about cleaning the tank.The sh-one-t is coming off slowly, just removed the special high flow filter.12 years in a shed  Img_331012 years in a shed  Img_3311

9Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty If you read more Sat May 25, 2013 1:50 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
There's actually a very good post here somewhere on how to carefully un-crimp & disassemble the fuel pump carefully and clean & re-assemble it. (Maybe by CrazyFrog?)....not sure If you are handy & a little bit lucky, you'll get that pump turning again.
I made a few mistakes on the last one I looked into......I had not read the post. I got mine back together & working but unfortunately I must have reversed the positions of the permanent field magnets inside because it will only run in the correct direction if the wires are connected reverse polarity. Also, I damaged the top a bit being careless getting it open so it had to be sealed up with JB weld.
So it's only good for a tester, now.
From the benefit of OUR experiences and some patience, you may be able to rework yours.
Try that before you buy your new parts. You will definitely need a new rubber isolator. You may be able to salvage the plastic retainer clip. You'll need new (correct) submersible high pressure in tank hoses, a new filter and a lower strainer basket. Be sure to get the correct basket (different sizes + some have a hose connector on the basket, some don't) depends on which tank you have.
Be also prepared that the new pump isolator assy. is quite "stout". I had to really apply some pressure with a wooden stick and a soft hammer to force it down hard enough to get the plastic clips to engage the tank shelf opening.
Once the tank is all assembled inside, You need a couple of new external hoses. The one from the fuel pressure regulator (behind the air filter box) and the return port at the tank is "pre-formed" best to get that from BMW. The hose from the tank outlet to the fuel rail and from the fuel rail around to the pressure regulator can be standard hose that is RATED for fuel injection pressure. I got that from BMW as well. When installing those, Leave them as much too long as possible to make removal of the tank next time easier. You'll have it on & off several times.
NOTE: If you haven't done so yet,
#1 get a can of De-Oxit-5.
#2 disassemble, wire brush/clean, etc the stack of tan brown wires stacked on a bolt into the Left side of the frame backbone directly under the tank.
#3 Find & de-oxit the 2 pin connector just behind the right side battery cover panal that feeds the rear wheel speedometer signal up towards the instrument cluster.
#4 find, open, deoxit & clean the connector under the tank from the IGN switch and the one from the kill switch.
#5 remove all 7 fuses from the fuse panel under the left hand battery side cover and clean & de-oxit those receptacles and fuse blades. Check/test the fuses and reinstall at the correct values 7.5's & 15's.

Don't waste a ton of money on fancy fuses with led "blown indicators".
Don't buy a K & N re washable air filter. The one you have will likely run longer than you do. Caution, it only goes in the box one way
CAUTION: when disassembling the Air filter box, after unclipping the 3 snaps, Loosen the band clamp way back in there at the BIG end only......twist the cover slightly to loosen it from the injector plenum, slide the filter cartridge out, then pull the box top out with the air elbow fitting still attached to it. (You can not disassemble the small end from the box unless the airflow meter inside the box top is removed first.
Pull the box top/air duct assy. out the right side and tie it up & back out of the way still connected to it's wiring.
Now you can remove the 2 BIG bolts holding the bottom of the box down to the engine & remove it.
NOTE the 2 washers under the box as well as the 2 inside.
Now you have room to work on the fuel hoses and breather hose, + inspect & test the fan to see that it turns freely and hot wire it to see it run & listen for squeaky noises etc.......service if needed.
It's very difficult to get the "C" shaped wire retainer loose from the wire connector on the coolant temperature sensor.......but it can be done with a small set of sharp picks. Once loose, remove the connector & do the Deoxit tricks. Be sure to get the wire retainer thingy reinstalled correctly on the wire plug before reconnecting it to the sensor.
As long as you have the bottom of the air filter box out, now is the time to replace the S shaped crankcase breather hose just inside of and behind the injector manifold fuel rail.
You may end up going back in later to replace the rubber boots between the Air intake plenum chamber and the top of the throttle bodies + the plastic/rubber manifold flanges below the throttle bodies, but it's prudent to wait until running to test for leaks there.

That's enough to keep you busy over the weekend.......check with me later with findings/questions
regards, ibj...

10Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Mon May 27, 2013 7:53 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Waz, I understand Halo is a whizz at redoing fuel pimps. Be nice to him. I've just had my airbox off a couple of times and redone my hoses so any idiot can do it.
RT

11Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
RT wrote: I've just had my airbox off a couple of times and redone my hoses so any idiot can do it.
RT
Don't be so hard on yourself RT. You are not just any idiot. Shocked

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

12Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Ibjman's suggestions are spot on. I've only just recently been there, removed the radiator and the air box (both top and bottom) Was going to replace the fuel hoses that lurk there, but they are still in quite an acceptable condition. I must admit, one thing that Ibjman omitted was the throttle cable. I bought a spare when I first acquired the K. With the air box and radiator removed, it's a piece of cake to replace, but it'd be a bit of a nightmare to replace out the back of Meekathara somewhere.

13Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty ibj... hopes Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Ibjman hopes that Ulrich hasn't just "jinxed" him. Jman's old 85 rs is still running with the throttle cable it came with or at least the one that was installed when near new by a BMW recall. Ibjman is leaving in July for the BMW rally 1200 miles away in Salem Oregon........Hmmmmm.............I've never seen a K100 T/cable fail. If this one goes to pot during that journey, I', blaming it on Ulrich!!!!12 years in a shed  178468

14Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
never say never

just you havent seen it ....yet

15Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I had one go on me and rode all the way home 160km using the high idle was a bit slow up the hills but would just make 90kph on the flat.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

16Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty where Tue May 28, 2013 11:03 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
where specifically did it fail rick? (Not the spot on the map, but the spot on the cable)......lol

17Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Tue May 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The cable broke at the nipple on the lower end. It probably had been bent at the point so it was easy to get into the slot or it may have bent getting it in there and that makes a point where it is always flexing.
The PO is a nice guy but mechanicaly inept and insists in doing his own maintenance.
When I bought the K from him he said it had no compression on 2 cylinders and when I checked it out 2 exhaust valves were a bit crispy. I asked when the last time he did the shims and his reply "the what" need I say more.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

18Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Yuppppp Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Laughing

19Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
12 years in a shed  Img_3415
Tank clean and waiting for filter to re asemble.12 years in a shed  Img_3416
New pump, hose and filter.
12 years in a shed  Img_3417

Ran out of things to clean waiting for parts to arrive.

20Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty While you're in there... Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:11 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Make a quick triple check to see that the "head" of the hose clamp on the top of the #4 intake rubber pipe (below the throttle body).......has sufficient clearance for the throttle linkage cam, arm or whatever protrudes out the back side there to clear the screw head on the clamp when the throttle opens and closes.
After a scary ride with a throttle that would not return to idle by myself and at least 1 other user here.....it was discovered that after replacing stuff there, that it obstructs the return of the throttle linkage.
To be on the safe side (after the second try), I ended up rotating the clamp around about 60 degrees so the hose clamp screw head was directly in the front and up almost against the fuel injector nozzle. No chance of a problem there now,
Regards, ibj....

21Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I always put the screw heads on #1 & #2 facing eachother and as far round to the back as possible while they can still be tightened from the front and same for #3 & #4 it's the only place that it wont interfere with throttle opening and more important closing.

22Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty My point Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I'm not sure where we dis-agree on this???
My point was, not to have #4 in the back because of some obstruction with the (end of the throttle leaver or cam?) there. I suggested putting the clamp in the front where it does lightly touch the back side of #4 nozzle but is well clear of all the throttle linkage.
Thanks, ibj...

23Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Looking at the top of the TB the screw would be at the 10.30 position maybe a bit more, well out of the way but still accessible from the front using a deep 7mm socket and extension with a screwdriver handle put in crosswise across the front of #3 TB

24Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty I understand Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I understand where the oem position is.
Apparently you have not come across the issue that I and Alh.... both experienced when the back side of the linkage on the front side of the #4 throttle body, did indeed hang up on that screw head while closing. I'm not sure exactly what part is right there.....maybe it has some bearing on the High idle cam assy......at any rate it is indeed there right by the head of the clamp screw and it does have the potential to obstruct.
Yours......ibj...

25Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have had it happen to me but only when I started it in the cave and thats when I found about pushing them as far round as possible or at least get them out of the way of the throttle linkage which is the real important bit. Throttles do have a habit of causing bum puckering moments. Very Happy

26Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:36 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Tank finished, new everything in tank. Changed engine oil and filter and oiled the the cyclinders through spark plug holes then put in 5th gear and gently turned back wheel, it moved to my releif not seized.
Have cleaned all electrical conections and replaced coolant, air filter all fuel lines and spark plugs.12 years in a shed  Img_3610
Waiting on parts again.

27Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looking good there waz

28Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Looking good Waz, ready to fire up. Just need some dry weather, 16 inches last measured here over 5 days, I'm not game to go out yet.
RT

29Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
If it doesn't stop raining today we will have to start building an ARK

30Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
PO said hall sensor was faulty so I relaced the hall effect sensors with J car sensors and tried to start but no go, had spark at spark plugs so pulled out injectors and found all are blocked. One injector has 1 K ohm the other three are 16 ohm. I think I replaced  good sensors and the miss was due to high resistance in one injector. BMW Wollongong wanted $550 for one injector, I got a used one sent from Bega for $35.00 delivered to the door. Have all new seals and filters for injectors and have bathed them in ultrasonic cleaner but stil blocked. Cleaned the outside OK. I have the injectors soaking in petrol and hoping it softens the crap.

12 years in a shed  Img_3612

Before
12 years in a shed  Img_3613

After
12 years in a shed  Img_3710

31Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Hey Waz, I have 4 injectors that are working.
They may not be working as good as they could but they do work.
Can put them in a bag and send them down for you to try.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

32Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Mate
I will try and clean these again on weekend, If still no good I will give you a ring.

33Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:49 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Waz, I have some here as well, give me a shout. I'll be snowed in this weekend by the look but can throw them
down the hill to you
RT

34Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Bob
your a bit closer than Rosko. I will be in contact with you, I think these are too gummed up. about two hours in total in the cleaner now and a week in petrol.

35Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:32 pm

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Waz I have a set of injectors here too which do work reasonably well....I confirmed that they have all the same specifications as the original Bosch injectors but these are way cheaper.....
What are they from you ask....the single cam Hyundai Excel injectors work great and easy to find..I bought 4 for $50 still on a rail....they proved that they work but they did bleed down so new ones would be heaps better.
Short story you can have these or get some local as they work well.
cheers Klompy

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

12 years in a shed  Au-log10

36Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:33 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Klompy
I finaly gat a trickle out of them then a solid squirt, I have put them back in petrol untill tomorrow and hoping for them to spray tommorrow.
I got my little boy on the polisher. At least it will look good.
12 years in a shed  Img_3711

37Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:54 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
good to hear you are moving forward Waz,
did you apply any specific polishing paste ?
great effort mate.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
12 years in a shed  10_x_110

38Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:46 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Jiff from the kitchen cupboard

39Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:34 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Don't forget that last internal 1 1/2 inches of the pipe, otherwise people like me will mention it at some appropriate moment.

40Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:59 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the injector offers. I got the other three clean and spaying nicely. I have refitted injectors and tried to start, no go again just back fires.

41Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty So Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
So, you are now sure that the fuel system is all working.

Forgive me if I'm not up to date on the earlier posts........but if you have not removed EVERY DROP of old fuel.......do that before moving on........use new fuel and use regular, not premium.

I need to read back and see what's been said about the coils.
 Hopefully.....more later......Regards, Ibj...

42Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
It started, I have mounted the bottom hall sensor at the top of the plate and the bottom sensor at the top. I just spun the plate 180 deg to see what happened and it started. Now I will remount the buggers the correct way.

12 years in a shed  Img_3813
I'm a dumb rs

43Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:41 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I ment to say top sensor mounted at the bottom and bottom sensor mounted at the top.

44Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
It blows a little smoke would be an understatment, but no rattles or nasty noises and now ideling smoothly no vibtations. I'm very happy. Wife wants to call firebregade.

12 years in a shed  Img_3814

45Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good result waz ....nice work !
 ...a good run will scavenge out all that sticky oil

46Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:23 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie
Need to do front brakes next, where did you get yours?

47Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
the 'bins mate
works out about $50-80  cheaper than local supply and no real waiting (wish the freight costs were like 2 years ago, much cheaper )

btw I have a couple of warped disks here ...but the centres should be ok for anybody doing the refit path

48Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty Re: 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:20 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Waz wrote:It blows a little smoke would be an understatment, but no rattles or nasty noises and now ideling smoothly no vibtations. I'm very happy. Wife wants to call firebregade.

12 years in a shed  Img_3814

That's beautiful Wazza it brings a tear to my eyes....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

12 years in a shed  Au-log10

49Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty smoke Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
smoke is entirely expected on the restart. It may smoke for several miles until it gradually clears.

Also, at a different time......down the road ......if you park it on the side stand when it's warm, it may smoke like crazy on the restart........not every time but occasionally.........depending on where the pistons happen to come to rest when it was shut off.
It may smoke a LOT.....enough to scare you into thinking there was something gone really bad.......but it's normal on this model.
 Regards, Ibjman

50Back to top Go down   12 years in a shed  Empty 12 years in a shed Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Congrats Waz, I know that feeling well. Good job, and that smoke is a welcome sight to see. Mine stopped smoking after I ran it round the paddock a few times.
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum