BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

May be a K1200 as there is no shock mounting and the brake caliper mount is in the wrong place.

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
bikerboy wrote:May be a K1200 as there is no shock mounting and the brake caliper mount is in the wrong place.

Yep... Looks the same as this one Here which sold for $187.50 last month

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

4Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty So Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Is it defective?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
not faulty for a k1200

but for any of the earlier k bikes ...no go .....no shock mount

Last edited by charlie99 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty So Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
So no one here has any idea what it fits???

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The last of the K1200 bricks 04-05 they had no speed sender or shock mount and disc caliper are underneath but the gears fit our drives.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Outta? Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Outta be worth $12 huh???? If I could get it for the min bid?

9Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
ibjman wrote:Outta be worth $12 huh???? If I could get it for the min bid?
The drain & filler plugs must be worth that !

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

10Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Looks like he got an offer too good to refuse as it's finished early without bids.
ibj how much did you get it for. Very Happy

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

11Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty missed out Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:50 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I missed it. closed out before I got back to it. Someone got it for $11 (Delivered)

12Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty I would have Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:54 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I would have bid this but I knew nothing about it . all wanted to know what it fit, unfortunately, all the answers that came back were not the answer to the question.
Someone said it was missing something? couple of people commented but no one said what it fit.

13Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 am

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
It's not the first time this seller tried getting rid of this.... Not sold items

1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

14Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty So Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
So thanks a lot for all the info.
Seems like although it had been dirt cheap, there's really no reason to buy it. The later K's that it did fit had a six speed, right? Since it's a 34/13......even though the gears might be useable in the early K the only person who would want them would be someone wanting to modify for a drag racing machine, huh?
Still, it looks like the U-joint alone could be a benefit for someone, someday?
It still puzzles me to determine if they pulled it too soon or if I just screwed up & missed it.
Also......something else strange is that the girl that had it, had nothing even closely related to it in her "other items".
Also, in her relatively few "negative comments" she had a couple of unusual posts.
If it comes up again @ .99 plus shipping shall I snag it??????
Jman

15Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty I'll have to figure this out too Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:19 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Interesting observation Postman! I'll have to spend some more time fishing around ebay to learn how you pulled up/found all those previous sales on the same part??????
I wasn't aware of how that works!
Thanks, ibj...

16Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:08 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
ibjman wrote:Interesting observation Postman! I'll have to spend some more time fishing around ebay to learn how you pulled up/found all those previous sales on the same part??????
I wasn't aware of how that works!
Thanks, ibj...

Just look at "sellers other items" then scroll down the left hand side and click "completed listings" then just searched for BMW

1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

17Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
I bid on it and it was IMMEDIATELY PULLED from bidding.hmmmmmmm.

18Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty very interesting Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
That seems to clarify a lot!
My information from ebay seems to indicate that once a bid is actually received, the seller can no longer edit the posting. I'm not sure if that includes pulling it??
Did you actually see your bid show up on the page before it was terminated?

19Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I can't coment on it from a US law point but in Australia if you put something up for auction and it only gets 1 bid of a dollar for a new car then you have to sell it to them if you didnt have a reserve. But ebay is not legaly an auction because the agent can only act for the seller and not the buyer and ebay does both so its a very tenuous situation you can find your self in when someone pulls the item 2 minutes before the end.
It sure is dirty tactics with that drive and has apparently been done before. Commander I would have a word to ebay and tell then what happened and they may take your side. In Australia they more often than not take the side of the buyer.

20Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Our In-famous rear drive Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member

21Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well I just put a bid on it and if he pulls it again I will have a lot to say to ebay about it.

22Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty so,, Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
You just buying it to get the gearset out of it or will you re-sell it?

23Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The gear set more than anything but if you want it I only put $20 as a Max and wont go higher if you want it

24Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty nope Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Nope, don't want it.
But the 34/13 gearset might be the hot tip for the chair rig????
I'm wanting to go the otherway with my rs.......the gearset fromm an r1200c and the transmission from a K75 would give me the highest possible gear combo........correct?
I already have the k75 box in my stockpile unless someone buys it from me

25Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
With a K75 box you will be about 70rpm higher at 60mph so that wont help.
And I intend to do some more investigation into the different gearing of the K75s 5th gear as I was working out ratios a few days ago and the gears would need to be very different in appearance than the K100 (as in much finer teeth) to get the ratio quoted.
I think someone made a mistake with some numbers at BMW and the myth has kept going because I am sure that when I rebuilt the gearbox in the K75 I used the original input shaft and the rest of the inards of a K100 box that had a shagged front spline.  Now that would be impossible if the ratios were as I have seen quoted in the factory literature.

Last edited by RicK G on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell and cant type)

26Back to top Go down   Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Empty Re: Cheap 34/13 Final drive on Fleabay Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
That differential gear set was first used on the K1, then subsequently on the K1200 (and IIRC the K1100LT in some markets to give 5th more of an "overdrive" ratio).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum