BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:16 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Who's planning on attending the BMW rally in Salem, OR in July?

Please list your name, your forum nickname, your year & model and if you're going solo or with someone else?

We need to come up with a way to identify & hook up with each other. I know there's at least 3 others but I can't remember who?

One from Los Angeles, 1 or 2 from Boise, 1 now from Ohio, Myself, possibly Tio?????

Sound OFF

2Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty copied from PM Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:07 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
FWD From: k75RT Keith

I.m going. Keith Keller k75RT Keith 1990 K75RT Bermuda Blue Solo I'm staying at a B & B in Salem not camping.

Last edited by ibjman on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty We-re in Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:08 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Ibjman,  Jeff Walker & wife Susie, Phoenix, AZ 85rs

Last edited by ibjman on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:24 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just a heads up guys

please don't include your email addresses in open view

yes us lot of registered members are pretty good at not spamming each other ,,,,but just remember there are loads of folks that frequent here that are unregulated
just at this moment there are 8 registered and 57 unregistered folks perusing the forum ... viewing what they will ...

us down under blokes usually share our personal email address via the pm system then go from there ...
good luck on the meet .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I wish I could, it's only a four hour ride South for me, but as it's Summer and the Beemers need to be sold and serviced, I'm working. The last 'National' I attended was Missoula, Montana in '98. That was a good one. On the other end, the first I attended was Vermont, 1978. I still own the bike I rode there on to this day. Have fun and cheers to all going. They're a good time; huge, busy, bustling, bursting with moto energy, but heaps of good roads and scenery in that region to enjoy.

6Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: Who's going to Salem? Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm

KiltedK100

KiltedK100
Monies allowed, I'll be there!

Ryan, KiltedK100 1985 K100RS solo from Eureka, CA, camping at the rally

Last edited by KiltedK100 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

7Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:20 am

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
For those how make the MOA in Salem and would like to put faces with names, how about meeting at the Beer tent about 6pm local time The man in the Vail hat, orange t shirt and glasses will be me.

8Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty List....So Far Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:32 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
So far I have 4, maybe 5 people:

Myself
KiltedK100
Brickryder
Jawna BMW la (Not from the forum)
K75RT Keith *

I have all those above's phone numbers except K75RT Keith's. (But I have given him mine)

Keith suggested meeting at the beer tent at 6 PM. I have yet to learn which day he wishes to do that.
Perhaps he will share the contact info (I promise not to post it).

Anyone else? Or just 4 of us????

Regards, Ibj...

9Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:56 pm

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Thursday @ 6:00pm ish was the day I meant to post

10Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
ibjman wrote:So far I have 4, maybe 5 people:

Myself
KiltedK100
Brickryder
Jawna BMW la (Not from the forum)
K75RT Keith *

I have all those above's phone numbers except K75RT Keith's. (But I have given him mine)

Keith suggested meeting at the beer tent at 6 PM. I have yet to learn which day he wishes to do that.
Perhaps he will share the contact info (I promise not to post it).

Anyone else? Or just 4 of us????

Regards, Ibj...

Sorry Jman, I won't be able to go. Gots to work. UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

WHO'S GOING to SALEM? K100_m12

WHO'S GOING to SALEM? K75_po12
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

11Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
I'm lookin' forward to the MOA National Rally, praying for cool weather!
Looks like I'll be riding my K100RS, as the Airhead forks need some lovin' and I just don't have the time now.

12Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
All the best to the guys going to Salem, wish I was going but Bricks don't float.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

13Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty See U Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:15 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
See you there, Brickie......leaving Phoenix in about 9 hours.

Regards, Ibj...

14Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Ride Report Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
We had a good trip to the Salem Rally. Weather was quite warm on the first 2 days out......across some desolate desert roads going west out of Arizona and on westward and then north up through California, a short distance in Nevada, then up to Oregon. We rode about 425 miles each day. The third day from Susanville, California to Salem, Or was more comfortable up until the last 2 hours where we again required our cooling vests and a stop every hour for more water. We had only a sprinkle of rain on the way home along the eastern edge of the Sierra Mountains where a heavy thunderstorm was giving us a lightning show just off our right side. As soon as we donned our rain gear, the rain was no more & we packed them away again at the next rest.
 Upon starting out, we soon realized that the final items I stuffed into the tank bag made it just too tall to ride. We stopped about 25 miles out to take some stuff out of the center expando section and later a trip to Wal-Mart, purchasing a large duffle bag to tie up on top of the top box. All in all we had a lot of top heavy weight on board but the k handled well on the new "Contis".  Mechanically, the bike was perfect except for a small irregularity on the first day of the return trip where the engine appeared to have a partial miss on 1 cylinder that I could hear in the zorst as well. It was quite warm when we pulled in.......I haven't checked it out yet but I'm guessing I have an exhaust valve receding, hence zero clearance when the engine and oil is at it's very hottest. It ran well the last 2 days of the trip and did not miss unless very warm both inside & out. I will check it out & report back soon.
 I did have one other small distraction when I met an Oregon State trooper coming the opposite direction on a wonderful 2 lane road engulfed with tall evergreen trees and straight as an arrow for miles. He had automatic radar running and clocked me at 79 mph in a 55 mph zone.
 The end result was a $160 donation to the Klamath County Circuit Court for a "high speed driving permit"......LOL.
 Attending our first BMWMOA rally was quite wonderful......we would guess maybe nearly 3000 people, (another user thinks it was closer to 6000) may have been there. We had a side trip on Saturday to the beautiful Oregon coast and more eye popping scenery through the mountain roads heavily forested in Conifers, Sequoias, Fir trees and various other evergreens.
 This is obviously Gods Christmas tree farm. So many trees, so tall & perfect.
Another side trip was made to see Portland.....Nice but anti-climactic after the wonderful coast roads. 
 We visited 2 Botanical Gardens there as well for the wife to inspect the local foliage!
Back at the rally, we were fortunate enough to contact and hook up with K75RTKeith, KiltedK100 & Brickryder......though not all at the same time. I was disappointed to find that I had not taken pictures of all of us......we will post one of Ibjman & Brickryder taken by my wife.
 Over the journey, we covered nearly 3000 miles  and averaged 42.7 mpg. Great!
 It appears that we consumed NO oil as the sight glass level is exactly in the center, just as it was 4000 miles ago when I serviced it. The rear Conti appears to have a little more than 1/2 of it's original tread left.
 Posted below are some pics for your enjoyment/comment!
Regards, Ibj...
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? 2_bell10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? 45th_p10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Avenue10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Beauti11
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Coffee10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? County10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Diamon10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Ibjman11
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Low_sp10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Oceans12
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Oceans13
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Or_hwy11
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sam_3610
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sam_3611
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sam_3710
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? State_10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Toward11
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Younge10
WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Us_rt_10

Last edited by ibjman on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

15Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:50 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Nice pix!  Thanks for posting them.
I'll go out on a limb and say you underestimated the number of folks at the rally by 1/2!  That was a very nice fairgrounds, I might add. Way better than Redmond.
One of the few bummers of the event was the passing of a tradition.  In the past, one could find a number of vendors who offered reduced prices at these rallies.  Not so this year.  Crying or Very sad

16Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty who's going to Salem Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:27 am

ironbutt

ironbutt
Great pics. Must have been an awesome ride.

85 K100rs WB 1051307F0040102
2010 Camaro SS

17Back to top Go down   WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Empty Re: WHO'S GOING to SALEM? Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:56 pm

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Had a great time in Salem.  Really enjoyed meeting some of the forum members.   Finally back home and addressing my transmission issue.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]