BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   87 K100LT starting problem Empty 87 K100LT starting problem Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:52 pm

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
Using CF's flowchart, I may have detected a bad ignition switch or wire. The voltage at pin 86 at the fuel pump relay is only 5.6 v. Am I correct in assuming it should be more like 12? (Incidentally, the voltage at the starter button was 4.6.)

Background: Push starter and nothing happens. Dash lights light as they should. I cleaned both major grounds, cleaned starter, have 12v at starter relay. Don't hear fuel pump sound. Occasionally hear click from what appears to be starter relay.
Bike ran fine, intermittently I would turn the key on and get no dash lights or dim ones and no start. Turn key, get bright dash lights and started instantly. Oh yeah, it has a new battery.

2Back to top Go down   87 K100LT starting problem Empty Re: 87 K100LT starting problem Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 pm

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
And you think Phil Mickleson is happy? I decided to pull the ignition apart thanks to prior posts here and some excellent photos from Jim at eastern beaver
http://www.4shared.com/web/preview/doc/nbCSCWwd
Everything looked pretty shiny but figured I'd hit with some sandpaper anyhow. :DWorked like a charm.

Glad to be on board.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum