BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75 silencer gasket Empty K75 silencer gasket Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm

JGT

JGT
Platinum member
Platinum member
The K75 uses a composite gasket joining silencer to exhaust pipes. What is its purpose and is there a suitable alternative to this rather expensive one use item? The K100 being designed without the need for this joint. John

2Back to top Go down   K75 silencer gasket Empty Re: K75 silencer gasket Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:14 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I've used exhaust joint compound, not to be confused with exhaust repair paste (such as GunGum). 

However, it's never been quite as successful as the gasket.

3Back to top Go down   K75 silencer gasket Empty Re: K75 silencer gasket Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I only bought one of those things and ended up making a sleeve from a piece of 0.42 colourbond steel sheet, got it to seal quite well and it doesnt fall to bits every time I remove the muffler.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum