BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Jumped on the old scooter a couple of weeks ago and as I was bombing around doing foolish things, I found the old girl would kick out of gear when the rpm rose above 5K. Happened in all gears, just passing the 5k mark, she'd drop out and the rev's would spike. Wasn't any bits in the tranny fluid when I changed it last, and am wondering if I'm not demonstrating enough "authority" when changing gears. Great bike otherwise, just would like to prevent more damage if its possible. cheers B

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Are you sure it is not a slipping coupling? Leaking oil seal??

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Umm, I'm pretty sure this is expensive... Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Not sure, bike has plenty of torque at lower rpms, no slipping or anything else. just kicks out of gear when you pour the coals on her. Still riding, just not aggresively (probably a good thing)

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
Have a look at you gasoline filter first... sorry petrol, you're in the new world Umm, I'm pretty sure this is expensive... Icon_biggrin

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Just put a new fuel filter on 2 months ago, engine part of it seems to be fine, just the tranny kicking it out of gear for some reason. Thanks tho, and I'll pretty sure she'll burn anything that I put in the ol' tank! ;D

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
When did you last change it was it pre the problem or afterwards? If it was before it may be worth checking now and whilst you are in there check the strength of the magnet. Mine was so weak it was barely a magnet at all! Tom Cutter commented that he wondered if the weak magnets were intentional so we don't see debris accumulated!
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum