BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:20 am

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry guys but I seem to have issues getting photos uploaded to some place that the forum can access. So let me see if I can describe this problem in words. Photo would be so much better. I'm restoring a '90 K75C. 

At the front of the engine almost in the exact middle just behind the valve chain cover plate sticking straight up is what appears to be a short tube 3.8mm in diameter and 15 mm tall. Any identification as to purpose or what it connects to? I have vague recollection that it is connected to a rubber hose for some purpose but have yet to identify which one. And the micro fiche on Max BMW has not revealed it.

thanks J.

2Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty Re: tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:51 am

keefk1100lt

keefk1100lt
Silver member
Silver member
Check out the "Finest Year" topic, I think you'll find the answer there Smile

3Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty Re: tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
keefk1100lt wrote:Check out the "Finest Year" topic, I think you'll find the answer there Smile
Ok down at the bottom of the thread that looks like the little b*******. So I plug it and nothing blows up. Now this is a K75. So any threads on how to recover lost horsepower?

4Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty Re: tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.

5Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty Re: tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Ghost who rides wrote:Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.
So I'm wondering what the difference in valves and timing are. Anyone have a guess or are there any previous threads?

180,000Km? Hardly broken in my dear sir. My daily ride has 145,000Mi or 233,354Km. and so far (knock on wood) I've not had to touch the engine.

6Back to top Go down   tube on front of engine Empty Re: tube on front of engine Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
jjefferies wrote:
Ghost who rides wrote:Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.
So I'm wondering what the difference in valves and timing are. Anyone have a guess or are there any previous threads?

180,000Km? Hardly broken in my dear sir. My daily ride has 145,000Mi or 233,354Km. and so far (knock on wood) I've not had to touch the engine.
Back near the start of the thread that is explained.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum