BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wardie

wardie
Hi Everybody, just wanted to post a short note about my recent 10 day trip from Ohio to cover the Vintage Festival at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Alabama. Each of the past 9 years has been terrific and this years Vintage Festival was no exception drawing a record crowd of upwards of 80,000. Many from overseas giving this years Vintage Festival a truly International flavor. The Ahrma vintage racing was exceptional, the swap meet has great deals and quality parts much better than some others like the one in Ohio (?) and the auction brought out many cool bikes with no reserve. I didn't sign up to bid I was fear full I would own something with no way to get it home Sad Left Barber after the racing Sunday around 6pm and started my journey to Daytona. Because it was about 400 miles I layed over in Albany, Georgia around 10pm. After a good nights sleep and a nice breakfast at Waffle House I wound my way to the LaPLaya Resorts and Suites on Atlantic Blvd Daytona Beach. This year brought out the bar and shield crowd in record numbers. Harley could reduce their cost of owning abike if they'd just sell their bikes sans exhaust systems!! Why every last one of them gets changed out sometimes before even leaving the show room! Anyways higher then expected temps made day driving hot and muggy. You know what that's like when you're wearing a full face helmet, gloves, jacket and pants.. went to the speedway and visited with many AHRMA racers got some interviews and pics and in general just hung out. Wednesday I motored over at the invitation of Larry Little to attend the AIM Expo. This is an awesome week long event. Imagine the Progressive Motorcycle Shows in your city now think three times as big and you'll have AIM. Met King Kenny Roberts and expect to have him on the show in a couple of weeks. Thursday back at Daytona saw me hanging on the beach and getting a belly burn Sad Friday visited with Friends and decided to start back home Saturday morning. Called it quits at Wytheville, Virginia Saturday night and stayed at a cheap but comfortable Motel 6. Well Tom did say he'd leave the light on for me didn't he? Got home at 3;30 in the afternoon Sunday. Unloaded the bike carried all the stuff down stairs and took a shower and chatted with wifey. Pics maybe next week but I did 2,545 miles in 10 days on an old K 100 LT. Averaged between 38 and 42 mpg depending on which end of the speedo I was at during that tank full. 16 tank fulls around $220 in gas. I suppose I'll continue to go to Daytona in March and October as long as the good Lord lets me after that I'll fly Smile Wardie

Life time member
Life time member
Sounds like a nice trip Wardie....looking forward to some pics!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Good on Ya Wardie, keep telling us these tales.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 

Great stuff wardie sounds like a great trip keep it coming and  some pics if you have any.

BIG D

Javi54

Javi54
Sounds like a great solo ride trip! That many miles in 10 days..., I think you'll be doing that trip for a while.

Good for you!

----------------

wardie

wardie
Tthanks guys. Have some pics in camera I guess I'm going to have to unload them and posteem' up. That K 100 LT really rocks. Old tire technology and all still turns pretty well. Wardie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum